Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

SB National Anthem Is Never Aired Live

13VictorC

Featured Posts

I really don't understand Americans sometimes! How hard can it be to sing a country's anthem that you have known for all your life? There's no big deal there Gaga is gonna do it well cos she knows what's at stake here, she's gonna slay my already bald head!!?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rabbit Heart

As long as it's shown to 115M+ Americans on TV during SB I don't give a **** about how they do it! :D 

ShockPop
2 hours ago, helxig said:

I think the reason most of those segments seem lip synced is because there are certain parts of songs where the main vocals are playback, and she harmonises with lower parts. I've seen countless other videos of her singing these parts, and you can clearly hear her singing in a lower key in an attempt to harmonise.

The problem is that the playback is way too loud, and her low singing voice is way too quiet! A bad effort on her sound team's behalf imo. You can't even hear her even though is making noise! I have a theory that this is because her high voice is damaged and she can't sing high very well any more, so to save her voice, she has most high vocals as playback and harmonises in a lower key.

I remember hearing her live at the artRAVE though and literally thinking "oh **** she's singing so much of these songs lower, maybe her high register is damaged." Maybe you can hear her better live and it doesn't translate as well in videos.

So it's not really lip syncing, but she's still not technically singing the main vocals. 

P.S. I remember someone saying that with TV specials like the Muppets one, they usually do a few takes, and use the audio from the best take, and cut together the best shots of choreo from multiple takes.

But I dunno, maybe she does cheat a bit. I hope not though. 

It's literally the only thing pink does live. She never sings the main vocal yet gets away with it.

Head Empty

Wait but the fact that it's pre-recorded doesn't mean it isn't a live vocal :laughga:. It just means that the performance won't be aired at the exact same time as it is recorded, but rather that they put in a delay so that they have the extra time to take care of the stage etc. after she's finished without having to take a break in broadcasting.

Peroxide
1 hour ago, Denys said:

I really don't understand Americans sometimes! How hard can it be to sing a country's anthem that you have known for all your life? There's no big deal there Gaga is gonna do it well cos she knows what's at stake here, she's gonna slay my already bald head!!?

aa8a0dca25107b996eb480dd7b32468d.png

Hmmmmmmm...interesting statement

MonsterMum
2 hours ago, Denys said:

How have you known an anthem for all your life? Not every country has it mandatory taught. I cannot tell you what ours is bar the first few lines.

Dominic

I thought I understand but all the comments have :duck:

So,  it's prerecorded (with live vocals) however it will be televised during the SB? 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

19 minutes ago, MonsterMum said:

How have you known an anthem for all your life? Not every country has it mandatory taught. I cannot tell you what ours is bar the first few lines.

I'm not able to sing the first lines, no one knows the anthem lyrics here

malazam
9 minutes ago, Clip said:

I'm not able to sing the first lines, no one knows the anthem lyrics here

I know my country's anthem since I'm like 5 and it's the second longest anthem of the world.

Gaga sang it before for thousands of people and she knows it perfectly

another shot before we kiss the other side

16 hours ago, andy232000 said:

like, i know that the halftime shows are lip synced and pre recorded because you cant set up a stage and sound system in 10 minutes. but they have the whole freaking day to set up gaga for the anthem since the games haven´t started by then. and since we do have the multiple National Anthem fails, its hard to believe that its always pre-recorded. 

The halftime show is shown live and they lipsync to prerecorded music. They set up the stage and sound system in pieces/groups backstage and once halftime comes they generally have 10 minutes to move it onto the field. the longer it takes to set up/more elaborate to build means the performer has less time to perform. They get given a certain amount of time to set up, perform and then dismantle. The whole night is about the football, the halftime show is an inbetween thing. People don't pay thousands of dollars to see 13 minutes of singing, they pay to watch the footbal game

3 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

So,  it's prerecorded (with live vocals) however it will be televised during the SB? 

It will most likely be time delayed. Those who are sitting in the stadium will hear and see it live, but those of us watching on television will not see it "live". She will probably sing it during a brief sports commentary (which probably only air for TV viewers) prior to the show, they'll go to commercial, and when they come back she'll sing it, and the game will start. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

andy232000
3 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

3 hours ago, jman said:

The halftime show is shown live and they lipsync to prerecorded music. They set up the stage and sound system in pieces/groups backstage and once halftime comes they generally have 10 minutes to move it onto the field. the longer it takes to set up/more elaborate to build means the performer has less time to perform. They get given a certain amount of time to set up, perform and then dismantle. The whole night is about the football, the halftime show is an inbetween thing. People don't pay thousands of dollars to see 13 minutes of singing, they pay to watch the footbal game

yes i know. i never said i didnt understood why the halftime was lip synced. btw, how on earth people spent 4000 freaking dollars on a regular entrance!!!!!!???? i was mindblown when i say the costs....dont even wanna thing about the VIP costs

23 hours ago, MonsterMum said:

Oh I didn't know American citizens don't know their anthem by heart. It's ok tho lets hope for the best from the queen??

There is no such thing as "live TV". When a show is "live", it simply means it was recorded live. With things like the SB, the broadcast is put on a delay just in case something happens.

Archived