Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga's 2010 Grammy performance predict her career?

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

VANTABLACK

so I was just watching old Gaga performances  online with excitement for her upcoming Grammy performance and I stumbled upon this, and I realized how 

much this performance makes sense now , see below

1.the intro with the guy talking about she has 5 number one singles, and she's like a new doll out of the factory, she's the new girl, and how she has no soul(basically what the gp though of her when she was started out big)

2.everyone is going goo goo  for gaga(2010,TFM), but he says her mindcontrolling pop music is ruining his business, and to take her away (born this way, and ARTPOP basically) all the hate she got from critics and gp

3.she comes out on the other side all dirty and torn up, with elton john on the other side. This kinda represents cheek to cheek, and all of 2015 basically her connecting with the classic artists that have inspired her, and she's stronger than ever and she's more then just the clothes, make up, and theatrics, she has her voice and piano and thats all she needs.

sorry of the lq video, none other was available

Gov Hooka

It's kind of scary how true this is. Literally her career up to this point summed up in one performance 

Gaga has been predicting her career since she started out, if I remember correctly. This is a perfect example.

I remember an interview where she said something like "people want me to fall down. [...] We want people who have it all to lose it all, and then work their way up again." I wish she would have dedicated an album to the whole decay of a popstar theme. :flutter:

I'd like to think that. Making mention of this will get criticized, however, because not many think Gaga is capable of something so conceptual. With the GP and Gaga, it's in one ear and out the other. The reason why many of us are fans is because we've invested energy in scrapping past the surface and investigating the core. While I don't think it was some grand planned-to-every-detail conspiracy, I do think Gaga understands the concept of the demise of the superstar quite well, and she knew it would likely come for her at one point. During ARTPOP, I think at times she knew what was happening, and played along with it.

bayonse
9 minutes ago, Ibo said:

I wish she would have dedicated an album to the whole decay of a popstar theme. :flutter:

ARTPOP ?

no more parties in LA

VenusBlackStar

An interesting comparison!! Her 2009 - 2011 viewpoint on fame and how superstars rise and fall was so fascinating. It weirdly reminds me of Jesus Christ Superstar, like the way the musical portrays Jesus: as literally a superstar that people loved while at the same time there were those who wanted to tear him down (and also I guess, like, the actual biblical account too, lol)

PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I'd like to think that. Making mention of this will get criticized, however, because not many think Gaga is capable of something so conceptual. With the GP and Gaga, it's in one ear and out the other. The reason why many of us are fans is because we've invested energy in scrapping past the surface and investigating the core. While I don't think it was some grand planned-to-every-detail conspiracy, I do think Gaga understands the concept of the demise of the superstar quite well, and she knew it would likely come for her at one point. During ARTPOP, I think at times she knew what was happening, and played along with it.

Agree 100%. I think she had a pretty good idea from the start about how her career would go. Skyrocketing to fame, sitting at the very peak, coming crashing down, and then rising from the ashes.

Just now, bayonse said:

ARTPOP ?

ARTPOP does portray what it is like for a popstar to be put in a box and to be held to ridiculous expectations, but the music doesn't discuss the decay of a popstar per se. 

Remember Princess Die? The whole fandom was expecting ARTPOP to sound more like that particular song and have that vibe to it. We had all kinds of crazy fake song titles and while I do love ARTPOP (sonically, it's my favorite Gaga record ever), I sometimes wish she would have released her true decay album. :flutter:

PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, VenusBlackStar said:

An interesting comparison!! Her 2009 - 2011 viewpoint on fame and how superstars rise and fall was so fascinating. It weirdly reminds me of Jesus Christ Superstar, like the way the musical portrays Jesus: as literally a superstar that people loved while at the same time there were those who wanted to tear him down (and also I guess, like, the actual biblical account too, lol)

:giveup:

It all makes sense now. Her life parallel's Jesus Christ.

Jesus is born in Bethlehem = Gaga releases The Fame

Jesus is baptized and the heavens open = Gaga is accepted by the GP as a mainstream pop star

Jesus performs miracles = Gaga reaches unprecedented levels of stardom. It's Gaga's world and we're just living in it.

The last supper = Gaga releases BTW, sharing a last taste of her music before her 'crucifixion', and tells her Little Monsters to "love one another as I have loved you" (i.e starting the BTW foundation)

The crucifixion = ARTPOP :air:

The resurrection = 2015/2016

1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Agree 100%. I think she had a pretty good idea from the start about how her career would go. Skyrocketing to fame, sitting at the very peak, coming crashing down, and then rising from the ashes.

She definitely understands that the public loves a story. 

VenusBlackStar
10 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

:giveup:

It all makes sense now. Her life parallel's Jesus Christ.

Jesus is born in Bethlehem = Gaga releases The Fame

Jesus is baptized and the heavens open = Gaga is accepted by the GP as a mainstream pop star

Jesus performs miracles = Gaga reaches unprecedented levels of stardom. It's Gaga's world and we're just living in it.

The last supper = Gaga releases BTW, sharing a last taste of her music before her 'crucifixion', and tells her Little Monsters to "love one another as I have loved you" (i.e starting the BTW foundation)

The crucifixion = ARTPOP :air:

The resurrection = 2015/2016

:air: x 10

OMG

Swan Heart

I wonder what happens after that... :ph34r:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived