199 members have voted

1. 1. Or not?

• KP4 who? LG5 will slay that album
    • Omg nooo it's gonna be ARTPOP all over again

Featured Posts

CakeLikeLG

11 minutes ago, Good Meets Bad said:

This Is GaGa fifth solo album & this is Katy Perry fifth solo album 

Yes, but do people even know it exists? (Katy Hudson album)

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Bromance
6 hours ago, Spock said:

She said the same for 1989 after Red, and she toured until June and released Shake It Off in August. Taylor has been on break since December and wouldn't have to do any promo for anything until the album comes out at the end of the summer, if it is coming out this year. Also a reporter from Vanity Fair and her father confirmed she is already writing for the album (and that was months ago) so..

OMG, I hope you're right because I'm really eager to hear what new music she has in store for us next!  I really loved her first major pop album and can't wait for her new music.

If Taylor in fact releases new music later this year, as well as Katy Perry, it's going to be a death match between the Swifties and the KatyCats.  My money is on Taylor because she will easily and effortlessly come out on top.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Good Meets Bad
On 1/23/2016 at 0:57 PM, ShotaX said:

Yes, but do people even know it exists? (Katy Hudson album)

I'm sure they know it exist if they're Wikipedia reading her wikipedia

StrawberryBlond

There is no way that Katy will dominate over Gaga for 3 consecutive albums. Gaga won during the OFTB days, but Katy's won with TD and Prism. The chances of her scoring a hat trick is zero, especially in today's music market and the public's habit of rapidly changing their support (see Gaga going from slaying with BTW to floundering with AP at a rate where it felt lik the change came overnight). Katy's AP era is upon her. She has all the signs of it. It blows my mind how similar the Prism era was to the BTW era. See the side by side comparison:

BTW singles vs. Prism singles

Spoiler

BTW (the single) debuts at #1 on BB and sells over 4 million there plus over 8.2 million worldwide, becoming an iconic hit of hers.

Roar debuts at #1 on BB and sells 6.1 million there plus over 10 million worldwide, becoming an iconic hit of hers.

Judas underperforms on BB, peaking at #10 and selling 973k there plus over 2 million worldwide.

Unconditionally underperforms on BB, peaking at #14 and selling 1.2 million there plus over 2 million worldwide.

TEOG peaks at #3 on BB and sells 2.9 million there plus over 5 million worldwide and becoming one of her most iconic hits.

Dark Horse peaks at #1 on BB and sells over 6 million there plus over 13.2 million worldwide and becoming one of her most iconic hits.

Y&I performs well, considering, peaking at #6 on BB and selling 2.3 million there plus over 3 million worldwide and becoming a massive fan-centered hit.

Birthday underperfoms, peaking at #17 on BB and selling 1 million there plus over 2 million worldwide.

MTN flops, peaking at #29 on BB and selling 713k there and over 1 million worldwide.

TIHWD flops, peaking at #24 on BB and selling 1 million there and over 2 million worldwide.

BTW album sales vs. Prism album sales

Spoiler

BTW debuts at #1 on BB with over 1.1 million sold and has sold over 2.3 million to date there. Has sold over 6 million worldside.

Prism debuts at #1 on BB with 286k sold and has sold over 1.6 million to date there. Has sold over 4 million worldwide.

BTW tour vs. Prismatic tour

Spoiler

The BTW tour plays to over 1.6 million people and pulls in $183.9 million ($186 million in today's money) worldwide with 98 dates. It was confirmed that it would have pulled in over $200 million if she hadn't cancelled the remaining 21 dates and subtracting the millions she would have made for the Indonesian one, which would have bettered Katy's attendance and gross.

The Prismatic tour plays to over 1.9 million people and pulls in $204.3 million worldwide with 151 dates.

BTW noms/awards vs. Prism noms/awards

Spoiler

BTW is nominated for 3 MTV Awards (not including the ones for Gaga personally) and wins 2.

Prism is nominated for 3 MTV Awards and wins 1.

BTW is nominated for 3 Grammys but wins nothing.

Prism is nominated for 4 Grammys but wins nothing.

________

Spooky, right? One thing we're going to notice is that Katy's touring gross with this next album will PLUMMET. When I saw how well the Prismatic tour was doing, I thought: "She'd better enjoy this because she's never going to get touring success like this again." Actually, I was surprised at the final totals. The way things were going, I heard it was primed to take in over $230 million, outearning the Monster Ball (attendance too), but no. So, even when Katy's at her touring peak, she still can't outearn Gaga's touring peak. I really think this was the extent of her touring power, especially all those Australian shows. This is a once in a lifetime's success. So many people didn't see her for her California Dreams tour (especially in Europe and South America), so naturally, she pulled in great money in these areas she'd never been to and could do much bigger arenas than last time because she had more fame. But now that everyone who's wanted to see her has, she's going to have a lot less demand for this next one. There's no way she'll be able to do Latin America again, except Mexico. She won't be able to tour Asia as extensively and she certainly won't have all those Australian dates. After her performance of Unconitionally on X Factor, a lot of UK ticket buyers regretted purchasing, so I doubt she'll have the great demand there again. But since Gaga's been on the down low and had a much smaller tour with AP, the public are going to be clamouring to see her again and this time, she can do a proper Asia tour, go to Latin America, tour Australia properly, go to New Zealand again, go to more European countries and cities. Her next tour will be so much bigger and be more on the level of BTW's.

Put together all the praise she's been getting lately from critics, media and public, the unexpected success of C2C and tour, the awards she's been nominated for and won (for acting and singing) and knowing that her new album's going to boast respected producers...she's got it in her for a good comeback. In comparison, Katy's headed for a slump. Its clear she's hit her peak and there's nowhere to go but down. She's in a catch 22 situation - if she makes serious, artsy ballads, the public won't be here for it (as proven by previous singles) and if she makes frivolous bubblegum pop, the public won't be here for it as they got tired with that sound after Roar and have been tired of it in general for the last 2 years (urban has made a comeback). And Katy has proved that all she can do is bubblegum pop and generic ballads. She has nothing else to offer. Plus, by the time she releases, she'll probably be 32. That means her young audience will be slowly outgrowing her, the new generation will find her too old and the world doesn't have much love for a female popstar over the age of 30 unless she can give us something mature and artistic.

Oh, yeah, and it's clear that Gaga's team will stop at nothing ensure that she and Katy don't release at the same time, considering that the Roar/Applause and Prism/AP head to head killed Gaga's buzz considering Katy was coming off a much more successful era and was therefore more likely to be preferred on radio and with the public when given the choice between the two. Without that competition, Gaga stands a much better chance.

On 23/01/2016 at 4:41 AM, LeoFameMonster said:

Q8HqOCQ.pngtumblr_n6njrp3x3u1qexuj5o1_500.jpg

Remember also that this information is out of date. This was made before Gaga won her 6th Grammy for C2C and this year's awards are almost here, where she stands a huge chance of winning her 7th. But Katy now has 5 MTV Awards, but still nowhere near Gaga's total. Katy now has 9 BB #1 singles. Katy now has 2 BB #1 albums but Gaga now has 3 because of AP and C2C. I'm sure Katy's overall Vevo views are now higher. I don't think her US record sales will have risen so much as to threaten Gaga's, though. However, I think TF selling 20 million is wildly over exaggerated - its sold about 12 million or thereabouts (on its own, not including TFM). Counting C2C's sales, Gaga's probably sold around 23 million albums although she's sometimes inflated to 30 million. But yes, all round, she is the bigger artist.

Archived