StarstruckIllusion

Is LG5 safe?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Or not?

• KP4 who? LG5 will slay that album
    • Omg nooo it's gonna be ARTPOP all over again

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Apparently Katy Perry's next album is set to release this year, but will it over shadow LG5 like PRISM snatched ARTPOP? I know the comparisons are gonna come back and I'm not happy about it, but do you think it'll be as worse as before? 

I can't find it, but I clearly remember Ryan Murphy saying she probbabhy WONT be in season 6 of AHS because she has a "new album/tour by then." So it's very safe to assume the #LG5 era will be in full effect by at least August 2016. 

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mariomania1234

Not if Gaga's got all her ducks in a pond. Everything since C2C has gone off without a hitch. I see no reason to worry.

She's got her on the music front by far. Planning and timing is key. Even then, ARTPOP is the only time that's really faltered.

PRISM only snatched it on a commercial front for me. Not at all by quality.

Dark Anatomy

Yes, so it's vital that Gaga sticks to a surprise release in the first half of 2016. Or when I say surprise I mean at least a month before the album. 

I seriously think Capitol used Gaga's ARTPOP announcement against her and released Roar in competition. 

Iwontell

9%2520%25283%2529.gif

Maybe...

If Katy maintains the formula and delivers TD 3.0, it's quite possible...but I think they'll deliver albums so different that they might not be seen as direct competitors, like the prism/ARTPOP situation...
What Ryan said is that she might be touring/promoting, he didn't know for sure...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

manyatyau

If LG5 is good, nothing can top it. Besides, I don't think it's wise for katy to release new song within the same period of LG5. Gaga's fame can't help her any more. People are sick of the Gaga/Katy comparison.  

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, Yanko said:

anything could happen 

Omg I love that Ellie Goulding bop

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I seriously think Capitol used Gaga's ARTPOP announcement against her and released Roar in competition. 

Gaga said late 2014 that she wants LG5 to be a complete surprise and one reason is the fact she doesn't want people to inspire her work. I'm pretty sure she was thinking about what happened with Katy in 2013. 

yASSsss

isn't she going "artistic" for her next album?she's gonna flop so hard.lololol

9qkdkix.jpg

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Lion Heart

Yes

nk0rTNn.jpg

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I really feel like this is a new chapter for Gaga. I feel like this album will be very Gaga, but in a way that everyone can enjoy it. This is Gaga's year.

Most likely yes.

Katy comes off of a much more successful era + Superbowl and she is the most successful singles artist of her generation, while her album sales are always getting better

Just now, yASSsss said:

isn't she going "artistic" for her next album?she's gonna flop so hard.lololol

xE8CKCP.jpg

You are confusing her with Britney.

Katy did not say that.

Archived