💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"Black History Month shouldn't exist" - Black Actress Stacey Dash

Alien Tulip

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace
1 hour ago, Sudarshana said:

I actually agree with her. Segregation and awarding people for their skin colour is dumb.

When will people stop caring about race? It's so 1920's BC.

18 minutes ago, LORD GAGA said:

She is completely right.

3 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

she is right lol

BQnhzNc.gif

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Sebs said:

She's absolutely right, BHM shouldn't exist. Because school programs' should stop whitewashing history, literature, etc and integrate their programs with different voices and point of view. 

Tea 

giphy.gif

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Sudarshana said:

I actually agree with her. Segregation and awarding people for their skin colour is dumb.

When will people stop caring about race? It's so 1920's BC.

People aren't being awarded for their skin color, they're being snubbed because of their skin color unless they're playing roles that fit their stereotype. Keep up. Gaga does. 

Sudarshana
37 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

People aren't being awarded for their skin color, they're being snubbed because of their skin color unless they're playing roles that fit their stereotype. Keep up. Gaga does. 

hi

whoopi-oscar.jpg?8cb72e

if gaga doesn't win at the oscars let's say it's because she's italian 

if I don't get 10,000 likes for this post, I'll say it's because I'm russian

etc.

Nous sommes tous obligĂ©s, pour rendre la rĂ©alitĂ© supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Sudarshana

oh

Nous sommes tous obligĂ©s, pour rendre la rĂ©alitĂ© supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Sizzily

The only thing I think would change is that the BLM can't use those "Not just one month" signs anymore :derpga:

One Banned Boi

Phoenix

Since black people went through so much in past (and are still going through), black history month is the least that can be done to make up for it.

💎

"Just like there shouldn’t be a Black History Month. You know?”

MLK didn't die for this nonsense.

giphy.gif

Does she not know every minority has a history month?

giphy.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄

I agree with her to an extent. By having black history it separates a lot of famous black people from the standard curriculum. We shouldn't be having to go out of our way to teach black history, because black history should be taught everyday through the year.

LebaneseDude

I'm torn.

On one hand, it's important to remember the past so that we can avoid repeating past mistakes.

On another, the constant need to segregate history into categories and celebrating/memorializing them individually when it should all be simply American history is just dividing when it should be unifying.

Then again it's often simpler to digest information and spread awareness through categorization.

Still, isn't the point of all these black movements to incorporate themselves into American culture? Why insist on having a month as a separate remembrance?

We actually used American textbooks in our class and it was full of black history though. In fact that's the stuff I mostly remember because it was everywhere. Harlem poetry. Harriett Tubman. The Underground Railroad. MLK's Speech. That one story about the railroad builder. 

In that case, what's the point of this month? Is it for the uneducated? Won't they just be clueless or not care about it to begin with?

One wonders if this is truly a month of remembrance or celebration, or just another mandatory recognition of past transgressions or forced remembrance in the name of diversity, when we should honestly just get over it, band together, and look to the future.

da98d2e6ca361bd99f2d8db0450eb10a.jpg

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

artRaver
24 minutes ago, Higher said:

"Just like there shouldn’t be a Black History Month. You know?”

MLK didn't die for this nonsense.

giphy.gif

Does she not know every minority has a history month?

giphy.gif

I doubt she knows and basing on some of the answers in this thread, I don't think they knew either. skull-symbol-for-facebook-status-comment:rip:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

1 hour ago, artRaver said:

I doubt she knows and basing on some of the answers in this thread, I don't think they knew either. skull-symbol-for-facebook-status-comment:rip:

I wouldn't be surprised. :rip: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄

Kermit
6 hours ago, Luiz said:

coon? 

:koons: 

It's Koons, bish.

latest?cb=20131201204218

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

StrawberryBlond

The problem is clear. A lot of us are insecure, so like to think up reasons why we're not good enough and when you're not white, well...it's just too easy to blame it on that. But that's far too simplistic. When a white person fails to get recognition, they beat themselves up over it. We tell ourselves that we're not smart enough, not talented enough, don't have enough qualifications. And some of those things might be true, so we work on changing them, getting better. But when a black person fails to get recognition, they have a tendency to blame it on racism holding them back, there can be no other reason. If you believe this, you're either massively insecure or you're far too arrogant. If you seriously believe the only reason anyone could dislike you is because they're racist then...it's time for some soul searching. If you can't come up with undisputed evidence and spout nothing but speculation, you can't go about crying wolf whenever you feel like it. One of the many downsides that racism has brought is making certain people within minority groups have (ironically) superiority complexes. They love any excuse to trash a white person, even if it's for no good reason. They think you can't be racist to whites. They think every job they've ever been refused, the reason behind their poor lifestyle, etc. is all down to white discrimination. They think racists are the only people who could possibly dislike them. Well, with someone like this, it's not easy to work out why they're disliked.

Stacey is being completely right - there should be no picking and choosing when it comes to equality. You either want to be equal or you want special treatment for being oppressed. Equality doesn't mean your life will be perfect, it means you'll be held to the same standards as the most powerful group. When the Oscar nominations come out and there's no blacks nominated, you can't complain anymore, because everyone's equal now, therefore, it was just one of those things. I say the same thing when feminists seem to think gender equality will mean women will have perfect lives. No, it means we'll be held to the same standards as men, and that's when we're going to find out how tough men can have it and how sexism works both ways. Basically, if we're all held to the same standards, there'll be less need to cry "discrimination!" unless you have credible evidence. It all comes back to what I was saying yesterday - I swear some people just like being oppressed. They want to stay that way. Because it means they feel special. It means they can sit around complaining and not try to make a change. It means they can blame everyone except themselves.

Complaining because you didn't get an Oscar nomination really is the definition of first world problems no matter what race you are. There's millions of people all over the world who wish this was at the top of their complaints list. White privilege my ass - if no Oscar nomination is your biggest complaint, I think you have plenty of privilege, even if it's not white. Working hard and not getting recognition for it...we've all been there. It's called LIFE.

Archived