'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
rumor

Dave Russell NOT Mixing LG5

Featured Posts

GloZell Green
4 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Not to be on the uneducated side of the musical process but what exactly is mixing, I kinda assumed it was the same as producing and doing the instrumental and stuff :duck: 

edit: Whoops just read the post that explains it a few above :laughga: Well that does seem rather far if it is to do with Gaga's album, plus according to Gagapedia he's worked with Gaga on all of her albums so far :omg: 

Oh and on and unrelated note, damn Asia & Koji are big :shocked: 

Do you know how long mixing and mastering usually takes?

Lady Gaga | Shakira

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DoctorScent
On 14.01.2016 at 0:45 AM, Brandon said:

I haven't been this hyped since the pre-ARTPOP era!

I truly believe everything happened last year is part of her plan to hype up her new music. It would be a goddamn waste if she doesn't release new music after all this praise she got lately. And I don't think they are going to waste it with Bobbys new management direction.

She was never in a better management direction. I'm so hyped and so happy! Now I can't wait for some tea about album of our generatio-genere-lifes

AbuHassan1992
4 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Not to be on the uneducated side of the musical process but what exactly is mixing, I kinda assumed it was the same as producing and doing the instrumental and stuff :duck: 

mixing is when the song is recorded, and the engineer adjusts the volume, EQ, compression, different processing to make the track sound *good*. After that, a mastering engineer mixes all of the songs on the album, which is basically making them sound sonically coherent by mostly adjusting the EQ, and making the songs as loud as the other songs on the album and other songs out there, using compressors, multi-band compressors and limiters, to make it "radio ready". It's like writing, producing and recording the song is taking a photograph, mixing is editing it and making it look good, and mastering is basically the finishing touches, framing it and making it coherent with all the other pictures

Haroon
2 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

Do you know how long mixing and mastering usually takes?

Absolutely no idea :flop: I didn't know what mixing was until a few minutes ago, and I don't really know what mastering is but I'm assuming it means making something like the best it can be? :toofunny: 

edit: Never mind my confusion, post above sorted it all out :flutter: 

Haroon
Just now, Datguy said:

mixing is when the song is recorded, and the engineer adjusts the volume, EQ, compression, different processing to make the track sound *good*. After that, a mastering engineer mixes all of the songs on the album, which is basically making them sound sonically coherent by mostly adjusting the EQ, and making the songs as loud as the other songs on the album and other songs out there, using compressors, multi-band compressors and limiters, to make it "radio ready". It's like writing, producing and recording the song is taking a photograph, mixing is editing it and making it look good, and mastering is basically the finishing touches, framing it and making it coherent with all the other pictures

What a wonderful and beautiful post :giveup: Thanks so much for this! :yay: 

DoctorScent
On 14.01.2016 at 0:49 AM, Haroon said:

Absolutely no idea :flop: I didn't know what mixing was until a few minutes ago, and I don't really know what mastering is but I'm assuming it means making something like the best it can be? :toofunny: 

We're gonna be so educated til LG6 (yes I mean 6) :flop:

GloZell Green
2 minutes ago, Datguy said:

how much time does this usually take?

2 minutes ago, Haroon said:

edit: Never mind my confusion, post above sorted it all out :flutter: 

:P

Lady Gaga | Shakira

thehanyo

Some observations:

1. Last year, Gaga sang at the Oscars to wild acclaim. She then capitalized on the momentum in Feb with announcing AHS. Why wouldn't she do the same with the GGs/Oscars this year? Follow it up with a surprise album, using the momentum from the awards this season?

2. She said that she was releasing an album this but wasn't going to tell us when. Why would she even say that last part if she wasn't thinking about a surprise album?

Hyped over here can't help it.

DoctorScent
On 14.01.2016 at 0:53 AM, thehanyo said:

Some observations:

1. Last year, Gaga sang at the Oscars to wild acclaim. She then capitalized on the momentum in Feb with announcing AHS. Why wouldn't she do the same with the GGs/Oscars this year? Follow it up with a surprise album, using the momentum from the awards this season?

2. She said that she was releasing an album this but wasn't going to tell us when. Why would she even say that last part if she wasn't thinking about a surprise album?

Hyped over here can't help it.

I hope she wins Oscar and spill the tea 

He said the exact same thing about ARTPOP and the album came out 5 months later (he said that in early July, 2013)

PerchedT

r0YRgH3.jpg

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Just now, Gohan said:

He said the exact same thing about ARTPOP and the album came out 5 months later (he said that in early July, 2013)

PerchedT

r0YRgH3.jpg

And how long until the lead was that? :eli:

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

And how long until the lead was that? :eli:

1 month

Spoiler

THE GRAMMYS

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

thehanyo
2 minutes ago, Gohan said:

PerchedT

Um, Applause came out in August, though, soooo.......

• AyaKara locked this topic

Archived