review

Spoilers: Vulture: "Where's Gaga? This season finale needs more of her"

GlamPunk

Featured Posts

elijahfan
52 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

So this is a real place...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thacher_School

Hmmm, this place is conspicuously mentioned twice by name in the final episode of the season. I wonder where the next season will be set? Hmmm. I wonder. Can't you already see Golden Globe winner Lady Gaga as a headmistress terrorizing a bunch of witless teens? I sure can.

If they do the school thing, I'm afraid this will be a bit too close to Coven. Hopefully, they'll pull off something really different.

elijahfan

On topic, this last episode was fan fiction with old ideas patched together just for the sake of having a final episode, it was a disaster, I'm glad Gaga had only very little to do with it.

I hate that ending scene, like wth does it have to do with anything? Or add any substance to the show? Madness Ends  stay the best finale.

thought I was born in a league of my own | but I'm sinking

4 hours ago, Pex said:

I hate that ending scene, like wth does it have to do with anything? Or add any substance to the show? Madness Ends  stay the best finale.

it goes with the fact it ends where we started the season. gaga falling in love with another charicature model of her now dead, lost lover (valentino). She has a "type". it's underlying message is tied with the addiction theme of the season, and how she'll most likely never stop chasing something that can never be found, because it's gone. it's actually lyrically poetic, really. it's a shame it's buried under the mess of this bad finale. 

Reality

I too thought that The Countess didn't have enough scenes in the finale. It's a shame really. She was one of the most intricate and complex characters that surrounded the Hotel Cortez, but this finale made her seem like nothing more than a background character. 

That being said, I loved the two scenes she was in. The were both profound and some of the most interesting scenes in the whole entire episode. When she assists with Liz's suicide, I was both happy and saddened. Happy to know that Liz will now live forever and be free, but saddening to know that she has died—though, we know with this season that dying is merely just being reborn. Finally, the final scene of the whole episode was very interesting, and artful. The Countess' character is someone to not give up, and that's evident in the last scene. The whole "You have a jawline for days..." quote was extremely profound because it only represented that The Countess didn't really learn anything. All that character development we saw from her seemed to have just vanished out of thin air. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

thierryrreiht
4 hours ago, elijahfan said:

If they do the school thing, I'm afraid this will be a bit too close to Coven. Hopefully, they'll pull off something really different.

I think it's more of a "top hat" hint

like, not a school setting, but something related to it. An alumni or something (either an actor that will be in season 6, or a story based on an alumni)

giskardsb

I'm getting ready to binge watch this season again, but it might go down as my favorite  AHS season, and not just because of Gaga.  I honestly didn't think of Gaga as "gaga" as the season went on,just as another one of the characters in the season.   I know people don't like the disjjointedness and un-connected flow that AHS tends to have, but I love it.  I love that non-linear "wtf is going on" storytelling.   AHS has a certain way of doing things that doesn't sit well with those expecting standard storytelling mechanisms.

because of the anthology format the final episode is always an epilogue of some sort, so that doesn't bother me.

Archived