đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If "The Fame Monster" had a scent...

djBuffoon

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

So, I've been creating different fragrances at home inspired by Gaga's albums, as well as The Countess. More of a hobby for right now, but who knows how it'll work out.

Here's what I have so far:

The Fame - inspired by Gaga's own Fame perfume: incense, orchid, apricot, and honey - but given more edge with patchouli and Dragon's blood.

Born This Way - Main notes are leather and rose, with rain and tobacco leaf right behind it.

ARTPOP - Lighter and more floral - lily-of-the-valley, lavender, sweet cream - but with the lingering smell of a campfire.

The Countess - Black currant, spiced wine, cherry blossom, musk, and powder.

Having a tough time deciding what to do with The Fame Monster. Thoughts? :green:

djBuffoon
Just now, SlayMeToVenus said:

Blood & Semen. :emma:

I knew that would be the first response. :gaycat:

Helxig

Ah cool!! I've been getting really into perfumery lately too! I just made my own fragrance. I'd have to give some deep thought as to how each album would smell to me! :flutter:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

djBuffoon
3 minutes ago, Chic said:

Lavender would be a prime component. There's a sweet layer to it but it has a lot of depth.

1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Licorice and musk come to mind.

ooooh Good ones. I don't have licorice, but star anise would have the same effect. :flutter:

Helxig

The fame to me would be quite sweet but with some edge to it, as the album itself is. The album is ice cream topped with honey, but also with a little too much too drink. It's glamour, but also youthfulness. I'm feeling sweet, warm, comforting notes like honey and vanilla. Some piercingly sweet florals, which would be balanced by something a little more edgy and powerful like woods and incense.

And The Fame Monster to me would be an extension of that. Still sweet and floral, but not as much, and not as warm and comforting. But this is when she started getting more edgy and into her leather and darkness. I think it'd also have to have leather in it, and something smoky. I'm also feeling lavender. And maybe a hint of something sharp, dark, and bitter like coffee. Maybe that strangely intoxicating note of jasmine, a masculine floral, which is one of my favourites. Oh and maybe something dark and fruity like blackcurrant, or cherry!

I'd have to give it some more thought though! But it's 4:20am here and my brain isn't working very well!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

djBuffoon
7 minutes ago, Passion2Action said:

Lavender, blood Orange, And a hint of liquor 

Blood orange and cognac :sara::sara:

djBuffoon
4 minutes ago, DSK said:

There must be some kind of pepper in it, without a doubt

Yes definitely, pink pepper :wub:

djBuffoon
3 minutes ago, helxig said:

The fame to me would be quite sweet but with some edge to it, as the album itself is. The album is ice cream topped with honey, but also with a little too much too drink. It's glamour, but also youthfulness. I'm feeling sweet, warm, comforting notes like honey and vanilla. Some piercingly sweet florals, which would be balanced by something a little more edgy and powerful like woods and incense.

And The Fame Monster to me would be an extension of that. Still sweet and floral, but not as much, and not as warm and comforting. But this is when she started getting more edgy and into her leather and darkness. I think it'd also have to have leather in it, and something smoky. I'm also feeling lavender. And maybe a hint of something sharp, dark, and bitter like coffee. Maybe that strangely intoxicating note of jasmine, a masculine floral, which is one of my favourites.

I'd have to give it some more thought though! But it's 4:20am here and my brain isn't working very well!

Definitely with you on both. The Fame is sweet and smoky (apricot/honey/incense), with orchid to lend it some darkness and spice. And fantastic ideas for TFM, Jasmine especially!

Archived