💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

This interview is everything and motivates and inspires me so much!

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

Andy McQueen

The only thing I personally don't like is that she cites "The Secret" as inspiration - I think that's the completly wrong aim, because it's not about wishful thinking but basically The Method. Like when she once used to say:
“I used to walk down the street like I was a f*cking star(...) 
I operate from a place of delusion - that's what The Fame is all about. I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be - and then to work and fight so goddamn hard for it every day that the lie eventually becomes the truth.” 
― Lady Gaga

Can`t be phrased much better. It's just the "work and fight so goddamn hard for it every day"-part that most people have trouble with - and without that it becomes a very ugly delusion with time... (Hence, that's why I'm thinking that "The Law of Attraction" gives an absolutly wrong idea about how to achieve things in my opinion tbh ...) 

Didymus

:giveup:

One of her best for sure. And this is supposedly the time where she was robotic, fake and unartistic :air:

But yes, the mention of The Secret is insulting :rip:

Head Empty
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

One of her best for sure. And this is supposedly the time where she was robotic, fake and unartistic :air:

Well I think most people who call Famega "robotic" are mostly talking about the latter part of the era, which is where her accent/use of voice starts to change and. Most of her (pre-)Just Dance stuff is very lively and enthousiastic :).

Edit: I guess a better word for it is "calculated" instead of "robotic"

Didymus
Just now, Growlithe said:

Well I think most people who call Famega "robotic" are mostly talking about the latter part of the era, which is where her accent/use of voice starts to change. Most of her (pre-)Just Dance stuff is very lively and enthousiastic :).

Yeah, ok, but she kept playing with different ways of talking far into the C2C era :rip: She never stopped doing it, so that's why I'm always confused why people single out The Fame era, especially since it made more sense there because she actually was a persona (like in the Fame perfume promo).

Andy McQueen
9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The "mechanical" accent and attitude came much later, like here in this interview (2009) for example - yes it was obviously faked/acted/played, but in my opinion still is highly artistic tbh. :D (And it fits so well with the whole theme of "The Fame" and the allusions she always cited with people like Andy Warhol or Paris Hilton etc. ...) 

It's so odd when you compare it with Gaga how she is now, though. :rip:

Didymus
1 minute ago, Andy McQueen said:

It's so odd when you compare it with Gaga how she is now, though. :rip:

That's exactly proof that she pulled it off.

I prefer that whole persona over an out-of-place accent where she pretends to be normal, quite honestly :air:

djBuffoon
28 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Who says that she was unartistic? lmao. The voice and her diction was indeed robotic/self-conscious during The Fame era (not necessarily in this video). But other than that, there is no question that she has been an hands-on artist since before her success.

Didymus
Just now, djBuffoon said:

Who says that she was unartistic? lmao. The voice and her diction was indeed robotic/self-conscious during The Fame era (not necessarily in this video). But other than that, there is no question that she has been an hands-on artist since before her success.

Many people on this very forum :emma:

You yourself implied that it was not showing true creativity/artistry which isn't far away in my book.

Didymus

@djBuffoon

Don't hide back there. Get your bubble butt over here.

Edit: :awkney: How lame. Don't laugh at me, pretending to prove my point wrong when you're then gonna give up.

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

One of her best for sure.

Nice enough girl but not the real woman she has become or is becoming. One of her best? lol joker.

Alien Tulip

She seemed more "honest" at only 22. Not saying she is immature now but there's something that seems so scripted about her now days. Listening to her talk in interviews just seem so awkward now. Cracking knuckles, the occasional "hi everybody", predictable talk about the music industry, etc. Gaga is still an old soul like I've said in a previous thread I've made but she does still play around with accents. People think her howard stern interviews are her real natural accents but its clearly not. Her 2008 voice is her real accent and it's still there til this day like during the fashion week nicola event backstage footage. I'm glad cheek to cheek happened and it is one of the best career decisions but outside of the music I question some things she says now. Watching her jimmy fallon interview a few months ago and her answers seemed so rehearsed and forced mannerisms as well as the contrived answers she's been giving lately. 

Alien Tulip

On topic: This interview indeed inspires me too. I find Gaga in 2008 to be more inspirational than Gaga in 2016. Like when I feel like giving up or need to work harder it's simply interviews like this that bring me back up and make me want to work my ass off and not take things for granted. 

Andy McQueen
2 hours ago, Alien Tulip said:

She seemed more "honest" at only 22. Not saying she is immature now but there's something that seems so scripted about her now days. Listening to her talk in interviews just seem so awkward now. Cracking knuckles, the occasional "hi everybody", predictable talk about the music industry, etc. Gaga is still an old soul like I've said in a previous thread I've made but she does still play around with accents. People think her howard stern interviews are her real natural accents but its clearly not. Her 2008 voice is her real accent and it's still there til this day like during the fashion week nicola event backstage footage. I'm glad cheek to cheek happened and it is one of the best career decisions but outside of the music I question some things she says now. Watching her jimmy fallon interview a few months ago and her answers seemed so rehearsed and forced mannerisms as well as the contrived answers she's been giving lately. 

I understand what you mean, I think I feel the same way. :( 

Lion Heart

Holy ****! :udidnt: I love that quote.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

One of her best interviews still to this day! You can see how passionate she was about everything. 

Archived