Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is the best living female performer?

Bebe

Best Performer  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best live performer?

Featured Posts

I have selected 3 performers that I think are the top performers atm. I have selected big pop girls (Beyonce, Gaga, P!nk), so I'm not including girls like FKA Twigs despite how incredible she is live. Some might also argue Madonna/Britney/Shakira/Someone else is the best live performer, fair play talk about how I've snubbed them down below and vote 'other' in the poll.

I expect some bias obviously, this is Gaga's biggest fan site, but please try to stay objective and watch (at least one) of the performances if you are unfamiliar with their live abilities (obviously it's okay if you watch all the videos and Gaga appeals to you, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to dissuade people from voting for her). I'll bring 3 performances from each artist that I think highlights their strengths as a performer and give a little paragraph on their talent too. I'm trying to be as fair as possible but if you feel like there are better performances that I have skipped over then feel free to share. I'll go down in alphabetical order too.

Beyonce:
Phenomenal live singer with a versatile voice, great choreography, very traditional and classic in her performance style, technically brilliant.

Gaga:
Very theatrical, educated approach to performance, unique, brilliant pianist and vocalist.

P!nk:
Acrobatic and unique performer, distinctive voice, energetic, raw.

Trust it's hard to pick just 3 performances, but I didn't want to overload. For example with Gaga I wanted to pick Lush Life, but thought New York, New York would be more indicative of her theatrical performances. With P!nk I wanted her grammy performance of Glitter In The Air but I wanted to include at least one performance of her on the ground.

People's choices will obviously largely depend on taste. This isn't a thread to bash other female performers, as said earlier I think the three I have picked are all magnificent and I acknowledge there are many great performers I haven't mentioned. This is mainly made for people to admire the performance skills of these girls and discuss why you love them.

With that out the way, go ahead, keep it cute and vote for your favourite performer :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of show and production - Madonna.

In terms of live vocal abilities - Beyoncé.

Overall - Lady Gaga (even though her best is yet to come, I think)

Don't shoot me, but lately I've been kinda obsessed with P!nk and her performances :rip:

Like honestly, the fan recorded bits are the best:

She is flying right above everyone in the audience, there isn't a bad seat in the place.

I'd love Gaga to do something like this, but obviously people would cry that she is copying P!nk :green:

Even though rn I'd say P!nk is the best, I am a gay boy who loves theatrical performances so I'll always run back to Gaga.

iMonster

I love Pink on stage, she's also an amazing songwriter! Beyonce (incredible voice and great presence on stage!) iconic voice in my opinion. Madonna, Britney - also great female performers!

I just feel like Gaga is the overall best when it comes to everything. She can sing, like REALLY sing, dance, play instruments, has story lines, theatrical, etc. She does everything I look for in a performance

She reminds me of HIM! I know it's too early in her career for comparisons to the King. But Gaga keeps us cheering and excited about what's going to happen next on the stage. 

To me at least. 

the most versatile of them all - LADY FXXKING GAGA!

vocally they are on par with each other but pink and beyonce have the same look in the 3 videos you selected - you also only need to watch one performance from Beyonce to get what she's about. Pink and Beyonce are skilled and strong performers but gaga's performances are heartfelt, often give you soul, humour, personal touch and a story.

I would choose Madonna (despite being a mediocre vocalist) over the other two too - i find her performances quite edgy and well executed throughout her career compared to her contemporaries.

i dislike performers who try to give you an eye candy by staging big productions/props/visuals to hide their weak performing skills and their lack of soul/artistic value.

ItsTommyBitch

Beyonce of those three. I have personal favorites, but she has theatricality, technical excellence (in both singing AND dancing) and amazing stage presence. I think if we had to rate people on those things, Beyonce would come out on top by quite a bit, as her singing and dancing tend to be much more consistent than lets say Gaga, and her endurance is legendary. The only vocal flaw I ever heard talked about in relation to Beyonce's voice is that she doesnt have a very unique tone quality, it's very replicate able

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

4 minutes ago, iMonster said:

I love Pink on stage, she's also an amazing songwriter! Beyonce (incredible voice and great presence on stage!) iconic voice in my opinion. Madonna, Britney - also great female performers!

I just feel like Gaga is the overall best when it comes to everything. She can sing, like REALLY sing, dance, play instruments, has story lines, theatrical, etc. She does everything I look for in a performance

She reminds me of HIM! I know it's too early in her career for comparisons to the King. But Gaga keeps us cheering and excited about what's going to happen next on the stage. 

To me at least. 

this too!

I think they are all incredibly talented when it comes to performing and making sure you are being entertained, and every single one of them shines in her own unique way, but I have to go with Beyoncé. She's got everything; the moves, the voice, the message, and the guts to try new things.

Gaga and Pink are both fierce performers, but I feel like Gaga's best is yet to come (especially now that she's in a much happier place) and Pink's performances aren't innovative enough for me. I can appreciate and enjoy them, but I am waiting to see something that will completely blow me away like when she flew at the Grammy's. :flutter:

Also, I can't wait for Gaga to return. I have faith in her and I am 100% sure that she will be my number one performer, regardless of her sex, as soon as she returns and shows us the real Her. :nick: 

Beyonce, Gaga and Pink are all amazing in their own right and I don't see any point in picking apart the shows they put on, they all have qualities that the others don't - it's what makes them different from each other.

I've seen Beyonce and Gaga, I'd love to see Pink one day, she seems to put on one hell of a show

Warholian

I have to say Gaga, and not just because I'm biased. She's a ****ing radical performer. So much damn energy and passion in everything she does. I'd honestly put her up in the ranks of MJ and James Brown based on some of her tour performances. Spontaneous, meaningful, and crazy. What more could you want than a crazy rocker chick dancing around a stage in massive high heels? 

That "APHRRRODITE!" as she springs up her arms is probably my favourite thing she's ever done in a performance. The whole intro is so damn improvised, theatrical, and perfect. **** she's good live.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

monsterdreams

For singing while dancing: Beyonce

For vocals overall and theatrics: Gaga

for unique performances: Pink 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Didymus

I'd pick Tina Turner and Madonna in their peak :nick:

Of the big pop girls I'd say Beyoncé, hands down. I love Gaga when she's doing tribute performances etc. but her own tours fall short of her capabilities (The Fame Ball excluded), especially the BTWB and artRAVE, so I think that should weigh into my decision.

A video I think shows off Beyoncé's superiority:

um, Iggy Azalea of course

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Archived