💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Video: Lady Gaga at Billboard's Women in Music event

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Didymus
19 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

She sings it so low because Diane keeps telling her it's genius, and "one of the best performances of all time".

It's supposed to start out sounding damaged and then turn into anger and finally triumph.

But this is the end. So this is the triumph. Which negates all the members saying that this part is supposed to sound damaged.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Creyk said:

It will air on lifetime. Do many ppl even watch that channel?

But then it will upload on her VEVO  channel :toofunny:

Haroon

Dope after puberty :giveup: I'm not really a fan of this snippet, let's see if the full version brings it up :/ 

Guest ARTPOPSlays
2 hours ago, Slavi said:

We always want perfection, don't we?tumblr_ntybruLSYE1ufqm4co6_75sq.gif

It sounds quite passionate to me, quite raw and beautiful in it's own way. Can't wait to see it in full.. 

This tbh

I feel like people just need to stop complaining. Gaga is moving on and that is a good thing, I'm on board with it! :flutter:

giskardsb

"We wanted something that sounded masculine and full of rage" - Gaga on TIHTY. 

Its an artistic choice. Art isn't alway pretty, and the subject matter of the song certainly isn't. 

Doesn't mean you have to like it but at least try to understand the artistic intent.

MonsterOfSpain
Just now, giskardsb said:

Its an artistic choice. Art isn't alway pretty, and the subject matter of the song certainly isn't. 

That's interesting, because the song is written from a girl's perspective... I wonder why they wanted it to sound masculine.

JackTheTripper

The string orchestar, the bass and guitar guys headbanging, Gagz pissed of at the piano, i dig it all

Didymus
11 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Doesn't mean you have to like it but at least try to understand the artistic intent.

What I don't understand about that theory is why she apparently has to outdo her studio recording. Her studio recording is the one they're talking about. And that studio recording doesn't show her missing notes or not being able to keep a tone solidly or her voice cracking up :rip: How does that theory make sense? Obviously she should be able to replicate her studio recording live.

I love the studio recording in terms of vocals and I think it shows the emotional intent perfectly, but I'm not gonna use that intent to mask a subpar live performance :flop: It's crazy, most of all because her face doesn't express any emotion at all here. It's a bad excuse for a non-issue. So this performance isn't looking good, so what? It's not a big deal and it's not a problem to state the obvious: her vocals don't sound good here. If this were Beyoncé, Katy, or whoever, the insults would be flying everywhere.

giskardsb
11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

What I don't understand about that theory is why she apparently has to outdo her studio recording. Her studio recording is the one they're talking about. And that studio recording doesn't show her missing notes or not being able to keep a tone solidly or her voice cracking up :rip: How does that theory make sense? Obviously she should be able to replicate her studio recording live.

I love the studio recording in terms of vocals and I think it shows the emotional intent perfectly, but I'm not gonna use that intent to mask a subpar live performance :flop: It's crazy.

I think she cares more about how the song is making her feel singing live than any technical perfection.  The same article also says people were "blown away" and "shaken" by the performance and Gagas obvious personal connection to it, so it seems her mission in the performance was accomplished. The vibe in the room is often a much different experience than watching on YouTube later.   To Gagas credit she approaches performing this song in an emotional and raw way rather than worrying about how People perceive her vocally. 

Didymus
Just now, giskardsb said:

I think she cares more about how the song is making her feel singing live than any technical perfection.  The same article also says people were "blown away" and "shaken" by their performance and Gagas obvious personal connection to it, so it seems her mission in the performance was accomplished. The vibe in the room is often a much different experience than watching on YouTube later.   To Gagas credit she approaches performing this song in an emotional and raw way rather than worrying about how People perceive her vocally. 

I don't know..

I mean. When I think of a performance like Gypsy at the pre-release ARTPOP party, that was also a devastatingly emotional performance, but her vocals were still powerful and "correct". The same even counts for Dope which had her actually crying. So she càn pull it off. Which is why I don't understand why she wòuldn't pull it off now, deliberately making her voice sound worse than it could be (on a technical level).

I think the song is just a bitch to sing. It's too low for her and that transition to the high note is difficult as ****. To me that's satisfying enough. And the audience reactions don't sway me because they probably didn't even hear this song before. They have nothing to compare the performance with. We do. That's a big difference.

Anyway, I hate to talk about this so expansively because it makes me look like a hater, but yeah.. I do think that in the case of TIHTY performances (especially the one at the amfAR gala in which her voice sounded extremely tired, leading her to go off key all night) people just come up with all these unnecessary excuses to avoid facing the obvious.

• Admin pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived