Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What is artistic about ARTPOP?

Kate Bush

Featured Posts

Kate Bush
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

I still think she hadn't the right producers to make it ARTPOP

Anyway  it was still a good album, let's movie on. 

yes it one of fave albums :tongue:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit

DWUW - art of independence 

Applause - art of dedication  

MJH - art of rebellion

Gypsy - art of love

Venus - art of sexual intercourse

Aura - art of showing a true side

G.U.Y. - art of overcoming 

ARTPOP - art of Gaga 

I could go on but no.

ARTPOP

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Princess Die

The fact it was conceived by the artistic jizz of her inner demons

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

monketsharona
8 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

jGiRBzh.jpg

Having the attitude of a lady an spitting like a man :yay:

GagaXCupcakke

Art can be anything.  Something people have a hard time to understand. People get very angry when you call something art that people don't think is art. 

Like ARTPOP the following pieces of art were considered not art when they were first released by the general public and critics. 

PabloPicasso-Les-Demoiselles-dAvignon-19 

duchamp_0310.jpg

Edouard_Manet_-_Olympia_-_Google_Art_Pro

Over time all of these works were praised and considered art.  I hope the same can happen to ARTPOP.

giskardsb

Gaga specifically mentions that ARTPOP is the melding of Visual Arts and Pop, and yet people still don't get it. 

Chris Evans

What bothers me is that nearly anyone actually thought about what ARTPOP meant they just saw it as a word and thought nothing of it

pop art- movement by Andy Warhol where he got something from pop culture and made it into art

ARTPOP- she is pop culture so bringing art into the era was a 'reverse Warholian experience'

im not even gonna go deep into this I was having a good day 

bionic
15 minutes ago, DominicB said:

DWUW - art of independence 

Applause - art of dedication  

MJH - art of rebellion

Gypsy - art of love

Venus - art of sexual intercourse

Aura - art of showing a true side

G.U.Y. - art of overcoming 

ARTPOP - art of Gaga 

I could go on but no.

ARTPOP

Flashbacks to the contrived "Monsters" of  The Fame Monster :laughga: 

buy bionic

PrinceGaga

I honestly thought this whole time that the music itself doesn't have to BE artistic (even though it is an art form in itself. Well I guess it is artistic because it's Gaga's art) but her use of artistic references in art culture and fusing them into popular culture is itself, ARTPOP. I feel like it's more conceptual - meaning that her being is ARTPOP, not just the album. More like everything she does is what it is. Like her dressing as Mona Lisa - it has nothing to do with the music, but the fusion of art and pop culture is there. Or her posing for Robert Wilson in his paintings that were put in the Louvre, the fusion of art (being Robert Wilson) and popular culture (Gaga), creating awareness of the art world to a wider, younger audience. Kind of like what Cheek to Cheek did with teaching the younger generation about jazz (that would be jazzpop though :derpga:). Bringing art into the forefront, the reverse of Warhol's pop-art movement.

I also believe that ARTPOP was meant to be FARRRR more visual than what we got. She even said she wanted a video for every song. That would have brought out images of artistic references. Look at the Applause and G.U.Y videos. SO many artistic references in both. ARTPOP was meant to be a visual album I think, that's the main reason why it's a let down, because all we have really is the music.

That's my personal opinion on what it's all about.

kpI0P.gif

PopThatArt

It's a legitimate question guys and girls! Keep your retorts to yourself and how about answer the question. I too have trouble seeing artistic elements in ARTPOP. Some artful imagery there is, yes, but other than "songs are a form of art" what else do you have to say about it? I find ARTPOP to be in fact less artistic than BORN THIS WAY or THE FAME MONSTER. 

Go see A Star is Born

Archived