💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga's Tussauds wax figure gets a Christmas make-over in Amsterdam

Greg

Featured Posts

LaMaisonGaga

I actually would like this more if they used a better wig with the actual colour, instead of this light green plastic-y one but I guess we can't have everything. Also maybe a better material for the outfits please.

lamaisongaga.com

Schwerk
8 hours ago, Princess Leia said:

Why do people make sculptures of other people using wax. Its bizarre. it looks good and all but I'll never get it.

8 hours ago, Bebe said:

Why did the ancient Greeks and Romans make sculptures of other people using marble? Why did the ancient Egyptians make limestone sculptures of other people? Why did the Chinese make sculptures of other people out of Terracotta? 

It's art I suppose. Recording the fashion, attitudes and culture of the time by immortalising culturally important figures.

Art is one part of it, but in this case it's mostly culture and business. In the old days before the internet and cameraphones it was very very rare to have a picture with a celebrity. Therefor a lot of people went to Tussauds to kind of get that feeling of meeting a famous person and take pictures with them to show off. Tussauds played into this by adding more and more celebs to the mix, not just historical figures. 

I personally never would go there and pose with random statues, just like I don't go after every (minor) celeb I spot on the street to get a picture.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Peroxide
8 hours ago, Princess Leia said:

Could you imagine a sculpture of Gaga made out of marble? :flutter:

But I'm not saying its not art. And I'm not saying that it didn't take effort.  I'm just saying that I personally think that's strange. To me, its like calling Yoko Ono's screaming fits art. Its not for everyone.

1118_Lady_Gaga_630x420.jpg

Yes :derpga: 

10 minutes ago, Marjol said:

Art is one part of it, but in this case it's mostly culture and business. In the old days before the internet and cameraphones it was very very rare to have a picture with a celebrity. Therefor a lot of people went to Tussauds to kind of get that feeling of meeting a famous person and take pictures with them to show off. Tussauds played into this by adding more and more celebs to the mix, not just historical figures. 

I personally never would go there and pose with random statues, just like I don't go after every (minor) celeb I spot on the street to get a picture.

Well sure, culture and business is a huge part of why these wax figures were created. I'm not trying to suggest that artists came together to create these wax figures solely to express their own artistic visions. 

A similarity can still be drawn to the statues and sculptures of the past, often commissioned by rich aristocrats, churches or royalty for a range of reasons including to preserve their image or as a symbol of status, wealth and influence. Many famous paintings are the same, commissioned by wealthy families or royalty. Business and culture had a huge part in the creation of paintings and sculptures in the past and it continues to play a huge part in modern society. 

But like we can look at the sculptures of the past and learn about the values, fashion, beliefs and culture of the time and place; sculptures like this hold a snapshot of all of these things within our timeframe. The subjects and materials might be different, but the insight for future generations is still the same.

lavenderblondee

That was such a flawless look. :flutter: She rocks the bright green hair so well with that makeup.

NYCMonster1984

It's weird Tussauds can't get her right. They usually measure and cast from the persons face directly. It's possible she didn't model for them at all. The Streisand one is also really off looking in NYC. 

Archived