💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Art of Darkness' HAS to be a title

kevinthesheep

Featured Posts

kevinthesheep

album, or song... i can't think of another phrase she mentioned this many times in previous eras that wasn't significant later on

Mentions so far:

- Entertainment Weekly cover: "I’ve just been weeping while I’m here because I have returned to something I’ve believed in so much—which is the art of darkness,”

- Jimmy Fallon October: "when you're acquainted with that world and you love the art of darkness"

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/662110087071318016 "yes, i have a true love for the art of darkness"

- Billboard Woman of Year interview: “I wanted to create something extremely meaningful by exploring the art of darkness."

- "Yes, I love the art of darkness" - Golden Globes press conference

- Rihanna 'i follow you into the darkness' (is this even her tho)(reach)

- heart of darkness the novel is seen in the Barnes & Nobles christmas ad (reach)

is there anything i've missed

surely this is relevant :ph34r::ph34r: 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

lmfao I thought of this too. I've been thinking the phrase was significant since she said it the first time. I didn't even KNOW she repeated it :rip:

Didymus

It's a nice play-on-words when you think of Heart of Darkness (iconic book) which is all about confronting the strange, the Other. Fits nicely with AHS too. Who knows.

kevinthesheep
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

It's a nice play-on-words when you think of Heart of Darkness (iconic book) which is all about confronting the strange, the Other. Fits nicely with AHS too. Who knows.

one of my favourite books of all time, and huge fan of the impressionist movement in general which i'm know gaga is familiar with... i'm buzzing for this new era 

Mobster
3 minutes ago, kevinthesheep said:

- Rihanna 'i follow you into the darkness' (is this even her tho)

It's not... drag me

tumblr_mc2afcmbW21r3ty02o1_500.gif

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Bloody Matt
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That book is amazing... I've read it in Italian but I want to read it in its original language so bad. And a reference to it on the album would be wonderful!

I think you're onto something :udidnt:

yASSsss

God no...No "Art" word in the title plz..it brings back tragic memories :miley: 

still rooting for Explicit Beauty and Funk The Punk :neyde: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

SlayLin

I hope not. I understand and love what she means, but it would be a cringeworthy title, tbh. Song and definitely as an album.

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

kevinthesheep
2 minutes ago, Neon Angel said:

I hope not. I understand and love what she means, but it would be a cringeworthy title, tbh. Song and definitely as an album.

i get what you're saying, but i feel like any album title takes a little getting used to. 'born this way' was at first the most cringe titles of them all, but now it's iconic. i think it could work. 

SlayLin
2 minutes ago, kevinthesheep said:

i get what you're saying, but i feel like any album title takes a little getting used to. 'born this way' was at first the most cringe titles of them all, but now it's iconic. i think it could work. 

Maybe, but like @yASSsss said I also wouldn't be here for another title with the word 'Art' in it, so soon after ARTPOP anyway.

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

Didymus
Just now, boobtank said:

I do not want the word 'ART' ANYWHERE near this album. She will get dragged for it.

Yeah, that's actually why I doubt that'll be the title.

Although.. you could also argue that it's a play-on-words in her own discography. Think of The Fame and The Fame Monster (which she considers as two albums). ARTPOP and Art of Darkness could be mutually exclusive albums as well. That would actually be lovely.

Archived