other

"The Ten Commandments Killer" episode discussion

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Didymus
17 minutes ago, Spooky said:

especially Sarah's acting. Blew me away tbh. 

She was absolutely brilliant indeed.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters

If you make it thru this essay then congrats to you, lmao

Before I start off my thoughts on the episode I'd just like to, once again, state that if watching the show bothers you this much then don't watch it. I don't know what it is about this season or even this forum, but the amount of b---hing, whining, and complaining about everything that happens this season is so tiresome. You hate the show so much yet you've spent almost 12 hours of your life watching it on Wednesday :rip: that seriously makes no sense. 

Honestly, the show could answer the smallest thing from episode one and ya'll would be over here like, "Uhm??? the plant in the front lobby is 24 degrees to left instead of 45????????????? i am so sic k of these plot holes!!" it's television. it's american horror story. if you're expecting everything to be answered in a single episode then you're thinking way to hard, and need to realize that this is for entertainment purposes

Now, onto my thoughts. :gaycat:

It was obvious from episode one that John would be the killer which, but the reveal was pretty amazing. so much went down in those first eight minutes, it was hard to take it all in. Wes' acting this episode was wonderful (something I thought i'd never say since his acting to me has been sub-par save for his appearance on Freak Show as Mordrake) and his scenes with Sarah were lovely. I will say that i don't know what it is, but their s-x scenes are so....awkward? :laughga: Like, I don't see any character in there and it's just them as actors pretending to ****. If that makes no sense then sorry but that's the best way i can describe it. I didn't think John would be smart enough to pull off something as clever as a 10 Commandments murder but march fixed that up real quick :gaycat:

Evan, as usual, was amazing. Seriously, if he doesn't even get an Emmy nomination for this role then i think i might riot. everything about march is so well developed and intriguing. he's funny, he's intelligent, he's pure evil and doesn't let anything get in the way of his desire for murder (as seen when he tells Elizabeth, his little vampire darling, to gtfo so he could put some shady thoughts in John's head). and i think that's what makes the perfect villian. kinda sad that it took 5 seasons to make people realize evan was a great actor but i guess that's ryan and the writer's faults for giving him tropey characters who made decisions based on some irrelevant love interest that completely ruined what development as a character they had. 

The fact that he had Elizabeth steal holden to push john over the edge was honestly brilliant in a terrible way :laughga: and the scene with sally was great. sarah and evan work so well together. march is such a dad towards john, it's almost comical (considering john is probably slightly older than him :rip: ). 

of all characters, I didn't think the other detective would've been the one to die. i was thinking it would have been someone who had a bigger role in the plot but whatever. john getting pissed off about the detective and alex having an affair while he was ****ing sally was the ultimate Shakespearean irony. 

the lack of alex made me happy because she's annoying and such a terrible character. i don't even know why people like her or even try to defend her and her unhealthy obsession with her son. 

Overall, this episode was awesome. can't wait for episode 9 to come and kill me all over again :gaycat:

emma roberts is an abuser

3 hours ago, Didymus said:

I might be falling into the trap of believing that this season is thought through sufficiently, but why is John so upset about adultery when he committed adultery on his wife with Sally long before it happened between his wife and his cop buddy? I found the same confusing element with Ramona, who we're supposed to sympathize with even though she cheated on the Countess first.

Like, I really don't get the morality current. Suddenly it's all about murdering people who break Ten Commandments or people who break the law and don't get sufficiently punished for it (why is that even an issue, I thought manmade laws needed to be systematically rejected) when James was killing hobo's and construction workers before, people who didn't do anything wrong :rip:

Would anyone have anything to say about this? I'm just confused about what the show is trying to say or if it's just literally all self-contradicting crap.

I think that all the morality crap from last episode was just meant to show Mr. March's way to use mentally unstable John and make him do thing he'd never do... March (and the Countess and everyone else basically) is a killer that kills for fun and that's about it imo... The TC idea is probably connected to that scene from one of the first episodes where March tried to destroy all the Bibles or something, he was definitely not killing people to really serve justice...

I don't know why they suddenly want to go back to one-major-plot-per-episode formula.

It got interesting when we got a bit of everything in each episode. Yeah i know we must see some backstory or flashbacks from past but this idea of one episode dedicated to one story feels bit bad to me. I loved 1st season for this epic mess that was going on and action was fast. Now it felt like meh - I'm watching but don't feel excited at all. Next episode looks same - dedicated only to revenge on Countess. 

I hope last 3 episodes will deliver more action and plot switches.

Didymus
Just now, Jester said:

I think that all the morality crap from last episode was just meant to show Mr. March's way to use mentally unstable John and make him do thing he'd never do... March (and the Countess and everyone else basically) is a killer that kills for fun and that's about it imo... The TC idea is probably connected to that scene from one of the first episodes where March tried to destroy all the Bibles or something, he was definitely not killing people to really serve justice...

Ooh, ok.. yeah, they definitely don't kill similarly.

But the contradiction of James telling John he needs to break all manmade laws while punishing others for doing the same thing is still there and bothering.

djBuffoon

The more I think about this episode, the less sense it makes, structurally. He spends most of the episode just standing there with his partner, divulging all of this detailed exposition. Not because it makes any sense within the scene (considering he's ultimately there to kill him), but because it's information that we need. That's very sloppy.

27 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

The more I think about this episode, the less sense it makes, structurally. He spends most of the episode just standing there with his partner, divulging all of this detailed exposition. Not because it makes any sense within the scene (considering he's ultimately there to kill him), but because it's information that we need. That's very sloppy.

My rationalization for that was that he wanted to confess to somebody, but still didn't want to be caught yet. He had just gotten all of those memories back, so I'd imagine there'd be a bit of mental struggle there and in talking it out, it made him accept his "destiny". Eventually, both the "good" part of John that didn't remember and the "bad" part of John who was conscious of the killings came together and he killed Hahn. That's just my way of making it make sense. 

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

VenusBlackStar

@Evan Peters Read the whole thing. I completely agree!

What I loved most about last night's episode was how two large plot lines just converged into one, and really seemlessly IMO. I think Evan Peters took it up a notch with the character, and he was already so dazzling from the start. Mr. March is such an interestingly complex character and you can see that just in all the facial expressions he makes in reaction to what the characters around him say. UGH it was just so good.

I'm normally pretty invested in every episode while watching, but this one was enthralling. It just captured me, and I feel bad for all the haters and whiners who don't know how to allow themselves to just f-ing enjoy the story and how many really awesome moments this season has.

monketsharona
16 minutes ago, Licantropo said:

I feel bad for all the haters and whiners who don't know how to allow themselves to just f-ing enjoy the story and how many really awesome moments this season has.

Most of monsters are just watching for Gaga... Too bad for them, as a AHS fan above all, Hotel is great and its getting better and better ! 

I'm really looking forward those Ramona / Donovan / Countess centric episodes the next two weeks

VenusBlackStar
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Most of monsters are just watching for Gaga... Too bad for them, as a AHS fan above all, Hotel is great and its getting better and better ! 

I'm really looking forward those Ramona / Donovan / Countess centric episodes the next two weeks

It's going to be epic.

Evan Peters
38 minutes ago, flopheart said:

I'm so sorry to say that but it has been a boring episode:(

what about this episode was boring? :rip: i seriously don't get some of you. 

emma roberts is an abuser

Azor Ahai

I wished and prayed to Jesus Murphy for John not to be the killer. I said to my cousin who called it in episode 2 "It's too predictable; most probably a red herring"

I am dissapointed :(

NYCMonster1984

Guys, I can't even deal with how bad that episode was. The plot continues to suck straight down the toilet. The only reason I still watch is to see Gaga because (queen). but this is seriously an hour of suffering. What happened to AHS? They started out so good. I could watch Murder House a million times and still love it. At this point I don't even know if i'll bother watching the rest because I don't care anymore. 

• Haroon unpinned, pinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived