Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga dominate pop music again?

Mr Judas

Featured Posts

Gypsygaga1

I can't say that I don't care,but I just focuson the music.As long Gaga makes music I am happy:wub:

Perfect Ilusion

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
4 hours ago, vrajesh said:

Um. Why not both ? 

Don't tell me that you're here not because of that?

Just travel back to TF/TFM era. Was it not both?

I'm a fan in spite of the fact that she was wildly popular. To me she was all bling and little substance until I dug deeper.  Pop cultural relevance means nothing to me, but musical substance does. 

Mr Judas
6 hours ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Sets, transportation, wages for dancers, designers, choreographers, managers... money goes quickly.. and didn't artrave makes less than 90million? Yes gaga makes so much money, but I'm sure she spends so much also, so it's very possible to be short on funds 

Her net worth is about 220 million and c2c tour for her above 30 million (no sets n stuff )

PMKKARDASHiAN
31 minutes ago, vrajesh said:

Her net worth is about 220 million and c2c tour for her above 30 million (no sets n stuff )

Well when your label stops funding huge over the top productions and your net worth goes into savings, homes, cars, children, luxuries, you gotta depend on money from future shows, sales, ect and if she's not commercially successful, her future things will suffer...it's common supply and demand.. 

Anderson123
23 hours ago, vrajesh said:

She certainly does have following ... Just look at the MTV starts competition ... She's at  #2 and fluctuation to #1 and off. He followers are giving everyone else a run for their money even without an album or any major promotion going about.

That's enough to say that she's not yet lost the Spotlight. Or maybe just stepping back into it.

I know. I'm just saying that you don't see people be like "So where's Gaga?" when there are many other artists out there releasing new music or become viral with music videos and current social events. And I'm glad Gaga is not there anymore, it's not that much of a "So what is she going to wear tonight?" thing like it was back in 2010. I'm fine with Gaga not being the center of attention anymore. Yes, we've seen that people go crazy when she performed at the Oscars (Because well, a lot of people watch that and talk about it online). She has a big big big amount of followers, big fans and all, but it's not like you see people start their day with "So, did you see that paparazzi picture of Gaga from last night when she was at that restaurant? or that event not everyone knew about?" like back then. I don't know if it's just me and I've started living my adult life, but I don't read or hear about Gaga unless I go online to actually read about it.

Mr Judas
48 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I know. I'm just saying that you don't see people be like "So where's Gaga?" when there are many other artists out there releasing new music or become viral with music videos and current social events. And I'm glad Gaga is not there anymore, it's not that much of a "So what is she going to wear tonight?" thing like it was back in 2010. I'm fine with Gaga not being the center of attention anymore. Yes, we've seen that people go crazy when she performed at the Oscars (Because well, a lot of people watch that and talk about it online). She has a big big big amount of followers, big fans and all, but it's not like you see people start their day with "So, did you see that paparazzi picture of Gaga from last night when she was at that restaurant? or that event not everyone knew about?" like back then. I don't know if it's just me and I've started living my adult life, but I don't read or hear about Gaga unless I go online to actually read about it.

I totally agree with you ending comments.

But ... If LG5 does bring more than it promised ...Yes, she'll be back in the game, and yes again that this time people won't be over hyped, it would feel more like she's becoming a legend.

giskardsb

Gagas long term career is not about being the pop IT girl. It's about being an entertainer with diversity and breadth that appeals to a wide demographic through music, screen, and stage.  Sorry Pop fans, Gaga is not just for you anymore. 

Bad Bromance
11 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Gagas long term career is not about being the pop IT girl. It's about being an entertainer with diversity and breadth that appeals to a wide demographic through music, screen, and stage.  Sorry Pop fans, Gaga is not just for you anymore. 

I agree with you.  Gaga is going to be successful but not as big and successful as she was during the TF/TFM and BTW eras.  It's only natural.  No one can stay on top forever.  It's as simple to understand as the rule of gravity.

Slowly but surely, however, Gaga's going to solidify her status as a legend.  Just watch.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Let's be honest here - when has Gaga ever left anyone's mind? Even during ARTPOP she was constantly talked about daily, whether we base this on positive/negative conversations is another topic but at least she was talked about.

If you're referring to her presence during The Fame Monster era then that will never happen again. Gaga arguably had the biggest peak in pop history during 2010 and that's just fine. Not even Madonna or Britney Spears were able to recreate the amount of hype they had during their peaks and they managed to remain the most relevant pop girls in history. Gaga will fall in this category too but she's 10x more talented and will become a legend in her own right. Some pop girls could not say the same despite them being the current "it" girls. Talent goes along way if utilized properly. :neyde:

i caught your fever, i'll be feeling it forever

Dangerous Man

Why not? The music industry is unpredictable after all. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

DiscoHeaven23

If yes, it will for sure be in a different way. Just like how Madonna's dominance in the 80's was different than her dominance in the late 90'/early 00's.

In order to dominate, this is the one point where you have to examine the competition. And honestly, its looking promising for her. If she releases the lead single in February, like I'm predicting, and the album in May, this could work out well. 

-Taylor and Katy Perry will not have an era going on around that time. 

-Adele's album will have been out for at least half a year by the time LG5 drops. Adele's singles could be competition for Gaga, but for some reason, i don't see Adele and Gaga as competitors.  

-Rihanna will have dropped Anti, but come on lololol

-Lorde will most likely have an album out. Her album will sell well, not as good as Pure Heroine though. Lorde is not really a singles artist, so maybe she'll have one hot track from the album. This is assuming people are still interested in Lorde

-Ariana Grande will have an era going on, but "Focus" seemed to ruin it for her. She could still have an okay era, just not a major one.

-Beyonce might have an album out. But Beyonce is not a singles artist, like at all. So there's no worries there. I also feel like people aren't as into her as they were for Beyonce. I've seen some people get annoyed by the fanfare surrounding her. 

-Britney Spears will likely have an album out. From what I gather from her social media, the lead single will be out in December/January. While Britney could do well, she'll never be able to have that HUGE success again, so that won't be competition for Gaga. 

-Even though it really wouldn't have made a difference, Nicki Minaj won't have an era going on. 

-Iggy Azalea will be back but, well, no point in even typing this line

-P!nk could be back, but she doesn't have eras that dominate everyone else, although she does well.

M I M I Z

No she can't even compete with the other top female pop singers, let alone dominating POP music and that's why she changed genres in 2014 to find a new audience. Lady Gaga Sacrificed her commercial success by releasing Born This Way and I don't think she's going to recover from that mistake ever.

Glamourpuss
On 19/11/2015, 14:23:58, GagaUnderYou said:

Probably not, but her music will satisfy her fans. 

I don't care about her commercial success, more that the music is quality. 

Same. :)

Mr Judas
2 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

If yes, it will for sure be in a different way. Just like how Madonna's dominance in the 80's was different than her dominance in the late 90'/early 00's.

In order to dominate, this is the one point where you have to examine the competition. And honestly, its looking promising for her. If she releases the lead single in February, like I'm predicting, and the album in May, this could work out well. 

-Taylor and Katy Perry will not have an era going on around that time. 

-Adele's album will have been out for at least half a year by the time LG5 drops. Adele's singles could be competition for Gaga, but for some reason, i don't see Adele and Gaga as competitors.  

-Rihanna will have dropped Anti, but come on lololol

-Lorde will most likely have an album out. Her album will sell well, not as good as Pure Heroine though. Lorde is not really a singles artist, so maybe she'll have one hot track from the album. This is assuming people are still interested in Lorde

-Ariana Grande will have an era going on, but "Focus" seemed to ruin it for her. She could still have an okay era, just not a major one.

-Beyonce might have an album out. But Beyonce is not a singles artist, like at all. So there's no worries there. I also feel like people aren't as into her as they were for Beyonce. I've seen some people get annoyed by the fanfare surrounding her. 

-Britney Spears will likely have an album out. From what I gather from her social media, the lead single will be out in December/January. While Britney could do well, she'll never be able to have that HUGE success again, so that won't be competition for Gaga. 

-Even though it really wouldn't have made a difference, Nicki Minaj won't have an era going on. 

-Iggy Azalea will be back but, well, no point in even typing this line

-P!nk could be back, but she doesn't have eras that dominate everyone else, although she does well.

That's one great conclusion 0_0

Archived