💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Halsey Copied Lana?

Dangerous Man

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Creyk said:

She really only copied her song National Anthem with New Americana. But she also said that she is a huge Lana fan so it's understandable she was inspired.

How exactly did she copy National Anthem? New Americana chorus sounds a bit like Hotel California though.

41 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I don't think she "copies" to a level that is truly offensive or embarrassing. 

For one, the girl is only 21 years old and recently famous. She's also diagnosed with bipolar disorder (hooray Wikipedia!).
But most importantly, she initially got her "fame" on a One Direction Tumblr singing covers. So why are people surprised that a girl known for singing covers has music that sounds like some of her faves? She's literally a famous Tumblr girl who has musical talent that was picked up by a record label. 
It should come as no surprise that comparisons can be drawn between her and other artists.

Also note that while there are similarities, when you have to make a huge list of other artists someone has pulled from, and each thing is some little snippet, it's reaching. It's like saying "Omg she copied that outfit! She got the hairstyle from Kelly, I saw Gaga wearing that shirt, Lana has pants like that, and those shoes look a lot like Kerli's platforms!" 

I know right! That's so ridiculous. It's so funny how people say Halsey copies Lana because both of them are interested in vintage and American culture. I'm pretty sure Lana has made an impact on her, but there's so much vintage stuff (visual, clothes) on Tumblr, too. Halsey is obviously inspired by the whole Tumblr/internet ''culture'' which Lana didn't create. She is a big part of it though.

4 minutes ago, Lass-x said:

I know right! That's so ridiculous. It's so funny how people say Halsey copies Lana because both of them are interested in vintage and American culture. I'm pretty sure Lana has made an impact on her, but there's so much vintage stuff (visual, clothes) on Tumblr, too. Halsey is obviously inspired by the whole Tumblr/internet ''culture'' which Lana didn't create. She is a big part of it though.

I agree. When I look at Halsey I see more of a walking Tumblr blog than a Lana copy. 

(and I don't mean that as a diss- I actually like that vintage/modern look :P )

Archived