Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

The impact of 'Vision of Love'

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

visionoflove-uk12inchfront-21.jpg

In May of 1990 Long Island native Mariah Carey “realized a dream, and visualized the love that came to be“.  “Vision of Love,” her “first single – ever,” was released in advance of her self-titled debut album. “Vision of Love” spent 4 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 that summer, the longest run of any song that year. Lyrically “Vision of Love” seems to be a love song about finding a soul mate, and in fact the NY Daily News named it one of the 100 greatest love songs. Carey has said, though, that the song was written in reaction to struggling for a while and then landing a record deal. Musically the song opens with some sci-fi-like synths before moving into electric piano chords that Sasha Frere-Jones of The New Yorker describes as “reminiscent of early Billy Joel.”

Rest of the article

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

AMAZING POST. If I could like it 500 times, I would. Mariah Carey will forever be the best female vocalist of all time. A true timeless icon that will be remembered forever. 

kiss kiss

Real Panda

I havent heard this song. The first Mariah Song I knew or became aware of was We Belong Together. I'll go listen to the song now.

Rebel Heart
3 minutes ago, ManilaMonster said:

I havent heard this song. The first Mariah Song I knew or became aware of was We Belong Together. I'll go listen to the song now.

Prepare to be slayed

Hey Girl is the best song of Gaga's career #Justice4HeyGirl

Serendipity
5 minutes ago, ManilaMonster said:

FGGrayson

one of her best songs :love: this is one of those timeless bops that everybody loves, iconic

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

If I understand correctly, Mariah isnt that happy with her career before 1998. Whoever produced the song and decided to be the first single is the true inspiration for Beyonce, Rihanna, Kelly.

Serendipity
29 minutes ago, Florin said:

If I understand correctly, Mariah isnt that happy with her career before 1998. Whoever produced the song and decided to be the first single is the true inspiration for Beyonce, Rihanna, Kelly.

Well, not all of it...

Supersonic

Mariah has had iconic, impactful songs, this is not one of it since no one ever talks about except for stans or people caught up in perpetual nostalgia.

Riot Poof
1 hour ago, amenvodka said:

Mariah has had iconic, impactful songs, this is not one of it since no one ever talks about except for stans or people caught up in perpetual nostalgia.

Several major artists have mentioned the song as an influence. I'm sure @Clean can talk more about it.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Riot Poof
4 hours ago, Florin said:

Except for the part where Mariah co-wrote the song and vocally slayed it.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived