Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

How can Adele do this?

Angel Down

Featured Posts

teenagechrist

I have no idea. Hello is a very beautiful song and she is an amazing artist, but I don't think she's that great tbh. 

feeling so hot tamale

the truth is ugly and has to do with her not being judged and according to human logic all that's left is eternal praise.

ShockPop
59 minutes ago, Black Salvatore said:

There was huge hype before Gaga released Applause.. I don't think it's just that.. I tell you my friends never listened to Adele, neither were they ever waiting her new music, but when it got released... BAM. THE APOCALYPSE

Beyond the gagaverse there really wasn't much hype at all for applause. And the song wasn't very good.

StrawberryBlond

She can do this because the public go nuts for mediocraty/decency. They rarely go nuts for talent you don't see every day. Adele has talent, but it's very basic talent. That's easily digestable for the public. Adele's style has been done before and its been done much better. And it's currently being done now and done much better. But she's the most commercial and was in the right place at the right time, so she gets all the praise, which is far too overblown. If the public were witness to the mindblowing talent of artists who are similar to Adele but better, the shock of it would blow their ears off.

She's loveable and releases good music that is relatable to pretty much everyone.

I have a little giggle seeing people bash her. I mean if she isn't your cup of tea then that's fair, but how can anyone despise her enough to devote their time to hate her is bizarre. She's great and they'll have to deal with the Adele-reign.

Iwontell

So many reasons...

She's charismatic, humble, honest (or at least that's how she's perceived); her lyrics are usually more mature than what we hear on the radio; thematically, her hit songs can be very one note, but they do appeal to women in general (not only to younger girls, like Taylor's) and she hits the right spot when she talks about her feelings (to me it comes off a bit cheesy from time to time, but women dig it), ppl understand and relate to what she's singing; she has a beautiful voice and a heartfelt way of singing that sells you those nice lyrics; she knows that in this scenario, in which everybody is overexposed, keeping a low profile is maybe the best way to market oneself; aesthetically she's not very daring, but she has good taste when it comes to her arrangements, videos, clothes, etc.; she's still kind of new, which helps (I mean, Alanis, for me is a better lyricist, just as good as a singer, she sings about more interesting stuff to me - love songs are really not my cup of tea -, but she's not the "new girl" anymore); she's perceived as "adult" music; she's not perceived as "gay music"; she knows not to go around saying divisive ****...etc., etc., etc...I could be here all day...

The fact is: the spotlight is hers right now now and I'm glad. Compared to Katy and Taylor, for example, I think she does a better job as a musician...and it's good for ppl, specially young girls, to see that you don't have to look perfectly ****able to be successful (I mean, I think Adele is actually very beautiful, but her weight is still seen as a problem by a lot of people)...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived