Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

Beyoncé Ignored The LGBT Community In Houston

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

Whispering

Houston has a lesbian mayor. The conservatives won this by making it about allowing penis-bearing trans people in women's washrooms. 

You live in Canada. 

Texas, Mississippi and Alabama are notoriously a step behind. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JesseBabe

I've never really been able to relate to Beyonce or felt like she's had much of an identity and I don't really understand why she's looked at as some kind of God, BUT, my opinions of her aside, I don't think she's obligated to do anything just because everyone else wants her too. 

You live in Canada. 

Texas, Mississippi and Alabama are notoriously a step behind. 

Houston is America's 4th largest city, and it votes Democrat. Generally large cities in conservative states are reasonably liberal, while rural regions in liberal states vote Republican.

One problem though is that Houston Democrats really on Black and Hispanic voters who tend to be less supportive of LGBT issues than white liberals. 

Kulture Kiari

They should of called Gaga. . . . 

Besides, Beyonce only supports the Gays to save her brand. Even her 7/11 gay supporting video looked faked AF. I don't hate Bey. I love her because she knows how to expand her brand and make herself relatable to the gp. But gp needs to realize the pop stars like Bey only support these topics when they benefit from it; e.g. Promote their projects. Now pop stars like Gaga are different. She supports these topics even when she Is in a blackout.

Whispering

Houston is America's 4th largest city, and it votes Democrat. Generally large cities in conservative states are reasonably liberal, while rural regions in liberal states vote Republican.

One problem though is that Houston Democrats really on Black and Hispanic voters who tend to be less supportive of LGBT issues than white liberals. 

Yes, I know this. I actually live in the US, in the south, and have family members who have lived in Texas their whole lives. 

Also, I'm fully aware that being a democrat...especially a southern democrat, doesn't mean that they will support LGBT equality. Remember that the south, Texas and much of the Midwest is very religious. Those areas of the US are still catching up to the rest of the country. 

Mister Gaga

I agree with the fact that she's a product and she chases money in the same way Taylor does :koons:

I never liked her. bye

djBuffoon

Beyoncé is extremely talented and beautiful, there's no question. She might even be a nice person. But I don't think she's very smart or aware of much outside her bubble.

Archived