Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga might go back to being Stefani Germanotta

SpaceJam

Featured Posts

SISTERV

Any pop star becomes a brand. I don't think Gaga wants her art stepped on as a result of corporate junkies being greedy. 

Big shows her tours, crazy videos, and high end production costs money at the end of the day. So as far as that goes, I'm sure Gaga doesn't hate money or "Gaga" in regards to who Gaga is. I think she hates the projections others place on her image. I think if she could, she would be fine on a couple thousand a month in an NYC apartment, so long as she could spend her money on her art. 

I mean, this is nothing new. She went broke paying for the Monster Ball just to keep her fans happy. It shows she wants to be successful for her fans and just because she is referring to herself as Stefani doesn't mean she forgets the special cultural bond we have and its relationship to what we know as "Gaga". 

And for that reason, she won't be changing her public persona to Stefani. She might refer to herself in that way, write a song about it, heck, even name an album after Stefani. But she will always be Gaga. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

OMG you didn't.

that would be THE. END. of the world.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

AlexanderLevi2

She might go by just Sephani

bookmark me when the LG5 is by Gaga. She's not going to change her name even if you "think" you know her game plan. :kisses:

Currently listening to Joanne

people here acting like Gaga herself or her team does not visit this site every day.

I think she actually visits this (well, probably her team, not her) or at least she used to, but only every once in a while. I'm pretty sure Gaga has better things to do instead of being 24/7 on a pop forum where a bunch of people post threads questioning Gaga's legacy or success. 

You said on a post (I can't find it now, I think you have edited it or I just don't find it) that Gaga probably has an account here, and some people should be more polite because they could be being rude to Lady Gaga without knowing it. Thinking that way, you could be Gaga or I could also be Gaga too. 

On topic now: I don't think she would change. A self-titled album would be a good thing, but not a complete change of her image. She would also have to wear a totally different style of clothing and make different music, or she would still be Lady Gaga with a different name (that everyone would keep calling Lady Gaga) Someone just can't change her whole way to be and persona.

MonsterOfSpain

This interview is so cute and interesting... she was right about Poker Face but wrong about Circus' title lol

Duella Dvil

I am an insider as well lol

I think th only insider is Kinney #InsideHer

www.instagram.com/theduella666

MonsterOfSpain

people here acting like Gaga herself or her team does not visit this site every day.

Lmao they have better things to do

I think she will use both names depending on the situation.  In shows and album titles she could use Gaga, but otherwise she could use Stefani.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Jenniferella

I wouldn't be surprised if she did so but I don't think it's a good idea. She became huge with Lady Gaga as her name so I feel like she should keep that red line

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

I don't see her changing it officially but I could see her in shows and stuff screaming "CALL ME STEFANI!!!" or maybe even writing a song to her old self (predictable but I think it would be cute)

He/They

BloodyM

TBH she did have a chance to change her name to Stefani when she went Jazz, but she didn't as both  her management and Gaga herself knows that the brand name 'Lady Gaga' sells, after all it's all about generating revenue. It's risky to re-brand around this time but still possible as as a product 'Lady Gaga' is in her maturity life cycle at the moment. With the right promotional media campaigns they will be able to do it with success. 

You said that she'd changed her name for C2C. You said it some months ago i-dunno-y but it didnt happen

Now you think its going to happen. It won't happen as well. / thread

Archived