Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Nicki Minaj posts video of her making fun of a disabled person on IG

Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A) That's not a wheelchair, it's a scooter.
B) That's not a disabled person.
C) Nicki wasn't referring to disabled people when she said that.

People are taking a tiny moment out of this video and blowing it up. Look at the context. The person is a friend of Nicki's who was too drunk to walk, so she got in a scooter the hotel was probably providing for its guests. It's messy, but it's not the ableist issue people are making it out to be.

And this is coming from someone who criticizes people for ableist comments and corrects people when they say "autistic kid" (it's "child with autism"), someone who works with special needs individuals, so it's not like I'm pulling stuff out of my ass. 

GloZell Green

People are taking a tiny moment out of this video and blowing it up. Look at the context. The person is a friend of Nicki's who was too drunk to walk, so she got in a scooter the hotel was probably providing for its guests. It's messy, but it's not the ableist issue people are making it out to be.

And this is coming from someone who criticizes people for ableist comments and corrects people when they say "autistic kid" (it's "child with autism"), someone who works with special needs individuals, so it's not like I'm pulling stuff out of my ass. 

Exactly, thank you. Lock this horses**t, please.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

It looks like a scooter some disabled people use. I've seen those a lot. 

this type of

26.jpg4.jpg

And waving with her wand it does look like ordering a disabled person to "magically" walk. It wouldn't be a "funny" joke to order drunken person to walk. 

Even if it's her friend, it should have stayed between them.

FreePalestine

Whispering

These scooters are not provided at hotels for drunk people. The people that use these types of scooters at hotels, Walmart, grocery stores, theme parks, etc. are disabled in some way or elderly. 

We associate these scooters, that are available for the disabled and elderly, with people who have special circumstances or needs. That's why the "I command you to walk" statement was insensitive due to the fact that people who use these scooters daily or on occasion, have trouble walking, for one reason or another. 

Archived