Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should remixes be allowed to chart as separate or combined with original?

Serendipity

Should remixes be allowed to chart as separate or combined with original?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should remixes be allowed to chart as separate or combined with original?

Featured Posts

Serendipity

Artists tend to release remixes to help boost the original sales (thanks to Mariah for starting the trend :creepflop:)

But the question is should they be allowed to chart as separate entity or as a whole one track?

Sometimes the remixes don't even have any slight resemblance to the original:air:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Completely apart from the original single

But sometimes they maintain the original meaning/resemblances. Sometimes they are...

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Serendipity

Completely apart from the original single

But sometimes they're good. Sometimes they are...

Yes, I know that about quality can be different:yes:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Riot Poof

I'm no chart expert, but I voted for combined.

Like... imagine five remixes for the same song charting at the same time. :duck:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Supersonic

Combined. When there's a popular song like Hello by Adele on the charts and it gets remixed, the charts are predestined to get overflown with them. It's more practical to combine them and give maybe other artists a chance to chart at all :flop:

ShockPop

They should add to the original if they have been released by the original artist. If, like in lana del rey world, the remixes releases the remix, then separate.

StrawberryBlond

It should be combined...unless the remix sounds like a completely different track, as some of them do. It's getting annoying how certain artists release a new remix every week to lead to persistently high charting and giving them an increased chart advantage over time (the more the remixes add up, the higher you chart). I liked how Gaga was really fair about things and chose to release a remix EP - all the remixes in one download. That way, she gives people more without being greedy about it and her single gets a more accurate portrayal of its true popularity in the charts without the aid of trickery. Another thing to consider is the whole explicit/clean version thing too. I can't help thinking that some artists deliberately put in swearwords purely for the purpose of producing a clean version, which will count towards sales (kids, the easily offended and the mega fans will buy it). It's annoying, but still better than making a remix that sounds nothing like the original, but it all counts towards the one song.

Bad Bromance

I voted for them to be combined.  It's less messier that way.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived