Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Meghan Trainor is now one of the popgirls!

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

Single sales make a pop girl as well, look at KP.  Touring is also a part of it too

My Everything: 1.66m WW confirmed album sales

Title: 1.34m WW confirmed sales

:hor:

Also Focus is coming Curly :green:

Your title sales are wrong .. Meghan has sold 1,602m CONFIRMED sales.. Go and check on chart news 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your title sales are wrong .. Meghan has sold 1,602m COMFIRMED sales.. Go and check on chart news 

Still lower than Ariana with those inflated sales, poor Megatron 

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Fiona Apple

Still lower than Ariana with those inflated sales, poor Megatron 

The difference is that Meghan is still selling 10k every week :ghostga:

Tokyo Rose

Nice. But can you even explain why? I totally understand it if you don't like her bubblegum and almost childish style.. But commercially she is big 

Commercially she is big because they can make anyone "big" by shoving them down people's throats.

But the hype isn't there and everyone knows that.

Levine

I remember everyone in that site saying how Meghan is an one-hit-wonder when AATB smashed :sharon: Since then she've had a top 5 smash with more than 300m views (Lips are movin),a top30 collab with Charlie Puth that has more than 100m views (Marvin Gaye),A top 20 multiplatinum single with more than 150m views (Dear future husband) and now a new hit with John Legend that is already a top 20 and it's slaying the iTunes top 10 atm (Like I'm gonna lose you).. :queenga: Her album also even though it got mixed reviews,it debuted with more than 200k sales and topped the billboard 200 chart and has sold almost as much as ARTPOP (and will probably pass it) when other big popgirls like Selena and Demi can't even sell more than 100k in the first week.

Like her or not she is definitely one of the major popgirls :bye2:

Almost? PROBABLY pass it? With ALL those hits that you're listing and she has yet to pass ARTPOP sales? A mess!

Fiona Apple

Commercially she is big because they can make anyone "big" by shoving them down people's throats.

But the hype isn't there and everyone knows that.

Rita Ora disagrees with you :lolly:

Btw the media aren't even promoting her a lot so your comment hardly makes sense..AATB became a hit without promo at first. Then she started promoting it

I like her but not she is not and you are stupid if you think she is. She had 1 successful era. She will become a major pop girl if her next era also slays.

The difference is that Meghan is still selling 10k every week :ghostga:

good for her :confused:

As you can see you're one of the only people delusional enough to think she's one of the pop girls  :bye2:

Diamond Heart

She doesnt have a big enough 'celebrity' behind her to be considered one of the major pop girls, she doesnt have that 'tabloid fodder' or 's-x appeal' or 'mysterious' image that really propels people into the top tier. Shes a new act basically, been out for a while but still in her first era. i dont think a lot of people would actually know who Meghan Trainor is, but know the names of her songs instead.
However, i think if she sells consistently well in her next era she will definitely be considered a big pop girl.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Fiona Apple

I like her but not she is not and you are stupid if you think she is. She had 1 successful era. She will become a major pop girl if her next era also slays.

You are one of the rudest members of this site. You better learn how to behave before you start using forums :madge:

You are one of the rudest members of this site. You better learn how to behave before you start using forums :madge:

He's stating his opinion?

Archived