Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga able to debut a single and slay everyone like Adele?

Cry

Featured Posts

I'll be realistic.

If Gaga debuts a single, it might get media attention. Might. I dunno. People aren't here anymore for her music.

If it goes well, it will not be on par with Adele's release. I mean, Adele didn't come from a disastrous pop era like ARTPOP.

But who knows? Just giving my opinion about it.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mister max

she could tbh, if she would give us some bubblegum pop

but not here for that

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Luna Lovegood

I think the reason Adele gets many viewers is because she has strong fanbase on both continents USA  and UK. The problem with Gaga is that she is mostly known in the US but not as strong as in the UK. 

luna’s advocate

President Biden

I think if she did one of these plans she could:

a) Feature a big star like Britney,Adele,Bey or a newer star like Nicki or Taylor and build tons of hype for it and end up having a great video and song 

OR

b)Get her celeb friends to build hype for it but keep it from leaking then drop in on a big date like Cyber Monday or Xmas or NYE and then go all over the place promoting

OR

c)prepare to release a single the second the charts clear up from hurricane Adele and Cyclone RihRuh and then perform it somewhere like Super Bowl or VMA

I got drunk

PrinceGaga

Let's be honest, if every monster in the U.S/World actually spent money on the song/album, Gaga would slay so ridiculously. 

Bradley

I'll be realistic.

If Gaga debuts a single, it might get media attention. Might. I dunno. People aren't here anymore for her music.

If it goes well, it will not be on par with Adele's release. I mean, Adele didn't come from a disastrous pop era like ARTPOP.

But who knows? Just giving my opinion about it.

Actually the GP is quite fair, they support whatever that is good, regardless of who's singing it. I mean artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Passenger, MAGIC were not very popular before but they found worldwide success in a sudden because their songs were unique in some way. So as long as Gaga produces something appealing and outstanding, AND PROVIDES SUFFICIENT PROMOTION to the song, she'll still generate strong publicity and sales.

I'm not guaranteeing that she'll for sure replicate Born This Way's success, but a few million copies sold and a few hundred million of views are totally possible. After finding her commercial success (she really needs to take promotion seriously this time), considering her strong vocals, Grammys are very much secured later.

Bradley

No, Gaga is coming off ARTPOP. This is Adele's BTW moment, 21 was her Fame Monster.

I get what you mean but an artist's success can't be measured and compared so easily like that...there are so many factors which have to be taken into account.

No chance. That's fine though! Adele had HUGE sales with 21 and was quiet for so long. Hello was destined to have this sort of success.

Gaga has been doing very well with C2C, Oscars, AHS and other projects and I believe she can have a pretty successful era for LG5 but there is no way that Gaga or anyone could generate that sort of attention for a lead single.

21 is the best-selling album of the past decade. That in itself is what caused the massive interest in the same way Born This Way benefited from it's predecessor TFM.

I don't think it's fair or necessary to compare Gaga to Adele. Gaga doesn't have to sell more than Adele or Katy or Taylor to be a successful artist or to build an incredible legacy. Gaga is doing alright, not everything she releases needs to make the world lose their mind.

AlexanderLevi2

I don't think any popstar could and I don't really care tbh. Gaga has a fan base and she will be remembered for everything she has done.

I love Adele but she's pretty generic lyric wise. Her voice is what slays it all!

Currently listening to Joanne

PerfectMonster

Gaga can have a great era again, like Born This Way, and we probably will see that with LG5. Bur to the size of Adele? Like that is so uncommon and like impossible. Gaga is too polarizing to have Adele numbers. The thing with Adele is that everybody loves her which you know, makes things easier.

Angel Down

If she shows her voice and the songwriting is not as cheesy as in some of the ARTPOP songs maybe. It has to be powerful, and oh God how I wish she released something ballad-like with a glorious chorus. Something meaningful and you know

hijadeputa

Yes she can stfu now. Nobody thought justin bieber would smash like he did with WDYM after his journals flop album before and his media scandals so stop doubting and shuuuuuy upppp

Archived