Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

Melanie Martinez goes on rant about disruptive fans at shows

Tove Lo

Featured Posts

darkchylde

She and Halsey are so ****ing stupid, i hope they flop after this era of hype. 

??
Halsey is such a nice performer, artist and person??

Who hurt you to be bitter about her

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

??? That literally had nothing to do with what I said :sharon: There's a difference between taking a **** and paying to go see someone. I mean, the point of a tour is for people to go and have a good time, no :trollga: She's also gaining money, I don't know what she's whining about

I'm pretty sure everyone with a job continues to whine about it...

OT: I get her point and I'm sure she doesn't expect complete silence. 

Tropico

On one hand, I understand that as an artist who is putting in her best to make an enjoyable performance, people shouting s--t just for the sake of getting her attention is kind of rude and a hit unappreciative. It must be very distracting and why pay to see a show if you just want to get her to look at you for a split second and maybe giggle? There are fans trying to really soak up the music. She is within her right. 

But on the other hand she must realize this is only a way of showing their gratitude and appreciation for her and it also seems sort of unappreciative for her to complain. especially if they shout "I love you". That can't be interpreted as anything but positive. 

I guess fan behavior really depends on a lot of factors like song, venue, moment, artist etc. As a Lana fan, I wish fans would just shut up or at least not shout sometimes when Lana is emotionally performing say Video Games. But if I were at a Gaga concert in a stadium, I'd expect and be fine with people getting rowdy during Applause. Both the fan and the artist need to have an understanding of each other and appropriateness. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

??Halsey is such a nice performer, artist and person??

A huge portion of Lana Stans have decided to be so bitter towards Halsey because there's this idea circulating that they're remotely similar which is bulls--t. It's just pressed and embarrassing. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

TiphEret

Well I don"t know who she is, I understand it can be distracting but I think it's unrealistic to think people would stop and calm down because at a concert you usually let yourself go and may scream or stay really stupid ****. Maybe the problem is the venues she is playing at and she should try to find places where she can still hear herself singing 

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

darkchylde

A huge portion of Lana Stans have decided to be so bitter towards Halsey because there's this idea circulating that they're remotely similar which is bull****. It's just pressed and embarrassing. 

Well, I guess every fanbase has their fcked up zone.

Future Lover

I agree with her to some extent. It's very annoying as an audience member when the same people in the crowd shout over and over. Not gonna go into specifics, but when I saw a certain performer in May this group kept shouting "yes, motha" and so on. You can even hear it in 50% of the videos I took.

I hate when artists encourage this behavior by addressing it. We get that they love you, otherwise they wouldn't have bought a ticket to your show. You don't need to tell twenty people that a night. 

Desperado

??Halsey is such a nice performer, artist and person??

lol the other day she was telling her fans to be mature while performing theres a video, that her album had a parental advisory tag for a reason

FrozenKookie

She's just new to the spotlight, why are you guys being hard on her? That's pretty understandable to begin with and I'm not even a fan of her :sweat:

Tove Lo

She's just new to the spotlight, why are you guys being hard on her? That's pretty understandable to begin with and I'm not even a fan of her :sweat:

People thinks it's cool and funny to be shady.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Whispering

She needs to use in-ear monitors. That would help filter out some of the audience noise, especially in smaller venues. 

I was expecting something much angrier, I can honestly see her being justified in being upset, she was really excited for the tour and so many things have been going wrong for her

He/They

Evan Peters

lol the other day she was telling her fans to be mature while performing theres a video, that her album had a parental advisory tag for a reason

i like how the person you quoted felt the need to add 4 question marks as if that's somehow going to make you feel stupid for saying something about halsey :rip: 

ot: ya'll are mean. let little melanie live, she just got popular 

emma roberts is an abuser

I would be upset too if someone screamed "Sit on my face" when I'm seriously trying to do something. :air: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Archived