Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I love Revival but Confident is literally coming for blood i'm serious

Versace

Featured Posts

andy232000

This. She is very talented, but her music feels generic. Designed for the charts, for the mainstream, and for the "grammys". 

yes, she said she really worked hard for people (and she mentioned the grammys) to notice her music because she feels everyone underrates her so she is "coming strong" so she can score something. i also saw her saying she didnt care to win a grammy but was hoping to score a nomination with this album

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demi's new songs maybe have catchy beats, however they are missing something - like seem forced to be badass which comes out silly. Selena at least has few top quality songs imho - GFY, SOL, M&tR for example.

RebeldeFaith

This. I think the major problem is Demi Lovato. She just doesn't have that star factor, nor can she really perform or sing too well. I really found Cool for the Summer to be an incredible song with a lot of potential but I'm not surprised it didn't make that much of an impact. Confident is another great song but of course she's going to make some video with all her special fans dancing around her as the official music video. The album has potential, but only if it was put out by another artist. 

That was Kelly Clarkson like 2 years ago. :deadbanana:

Here's the video. It was directed by Robert Rodríguez and Michelle Rodríguez is in it too.

Something something idk

manyatyau

sorry but adele>>>>>>

Some of her music are good, i never doubt that. She just isn't a STAR. I am not feeling it. :bye:

Mmmmm meh :bye2:

I'm sorry, but I feel like Demi lacks personality in her music. It doesn't transmit a real emotion 

The reason I got into her in the first place was because her voice and her music has so much emotion in it... Listen to "In Case", "Fix A Heart", "For The Love of a Daughter", "I Hate You, Don't Leave Me" 

Those are all VERY emotional songs and I think might change your opinion a little bit. Give those songs a chance.

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

sorry but adele>>>>>>

Some of her music are good, i never doubt that. She just isn't a STAR. I am not feeling it. :bye:

Yeah she may not be a STAR, but neither is Selena Gomez just yet... Both of them are kind of on the same level, career-wise. But that doesn't mean the music isn't great! Demi has an awesome voice and some really incredible and emotional songs. If you looked into her albums and not just the singles, you would see! She has some amazing material.

Cody Draco

The reason I got into her in the first place was because her voice and her music has so much emotion in it... Listen to "In Case", "Fix A Heart", "For The Love of a Daughter", "I Hate You, Don't Leave Me" 

Those are all VERY emotional songs and I think might change your opinion a little bit. Give those songs a chance.

Demi needs more Skycrapers and Warriors tbh. I used to like her a bit but this era has turned me off majorly. It's just too forced. Her last album was actually decent. I bought a copy and then gave it to one of my friends. :yes:

Demi needs more Skycrapers and Warriors tbh. I used to like her a bit but this era has turned me off majorly. It's just too forced. Her last album was actually decent. I bought a copy and then gave it to one of my friends. :yes:

But I feel like most of her stuff is similar to "Skyscraper" and "Warrior".  Not her singles, but the majority of her albums are mostly ballads or just kind of "inspirational" in that way.

I hope so, because compared to Stars Dance, Revival was such of a let down. I'm looking forward to Stone Cold single's treatment. It NEEDS to be a single, even though I doubt she'll get a Grammy :sweat:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

I think a lot of people choose not to look past her radio singles. If you really dive into the "meat and potatoes" of her albums, you would see that she's not a one-trick pony.

Cody Draco

But I feel like most of her stuff is similar to "Skyscraper" and "Warrior".  Not her singles, but the majority of her albums are mostly ballads or just kind of "inspirational" in that way.

Yeah but most of her stuff is bland compared to those songs imo. Skyscraper in particular has a magic oomph to it the rest of her work is lacking. I think her major problems are lyrics and productions. CFTS as much as I hate her vocals on the verses is probably her best song since Skyscraper just because of the instrumental and how she really owns the song .

A lot of her songs are throwaway to me. Anybody could write them and anybody with enough vocal talent to go on a singing talent show could sing them. Skyscraper wasnt written by Demi but she really made it her own and it stands out. I honestly think she lacks creativity musically and should've stuck with an acting career. 

Same thing applies to Selena for me. I do wish them both the best tho. :yes:

Yeah but most of her stuff is bland compared to those songs imo. Skyscraper in particular has a magic oomph to it the rest of her work is lacking. I think her major problems are lyrics and productions. CFTS as much as I hate her vocals on the verses is probably her best song since Skyscraper just because of the instrumental and how she really owns the song .

A lot of her songs are throwaway to me. Anybody could write them and anybody with enough vocal talent to go on a singing talent show could sing them. Skyscraper wasnt written by Demi but she really made it her own and it stands out. I honestly think she lacks creativity musically and should've stuck with an acting career. 

Fair enough :laughga: 

Cody Draco

Fair enough :laughga: 

Added a last part so you guys don't think I'm hating or have ill will. Just wanted to say Demi has potential to do great things musically and I hope her fans are enjoying this era! One of my ex gfs is a huge fan so yeah there is a little soft spot for Demi.:hug:

I felt the same way after listening to those snippets earlier today. It sounded so much better than Selena's snooze fest. She actually has some Grammy worthy songs on there and  it is great from start to finish.

Archived