Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga talks about her music in recent Inquirer interview

Lady

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

This 1000 times over. Give me an album of Dope's and Swine's over an album of Just Dance's and Bad Romance's any day! Don't let the teeny-bopper fickle fans ruin your love for music, Gaga!

People will buy her music regardless. ARTPOP "the flop" has sold, what, 3 million by now? Hell, Cheek to Cheek sold over a million and it's a cover album of Jazz classics in 2015...You include that with touring sales, AHS paychecks, all the fashion stuff, the girl has plenty of money to survive and then some. She doesn't need to cave to the majority to sell an album. She needs to put out stuff she loves and stuff she believes in.

It hasn't.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

It hasn't.

In July of last year it was at 2.5 million. I feel like it could have easily sold half a million by then but I don't have the first idea about where to check album sales because I honesty couldn't give a sh*t how much an album sells.

💚

isaacanthony

All ya'll b*tches complaining about wanting another 'Just Dance' or 'Poker Face' 

well there you go....

:fthis:

Dramatica

Finally da bítch is seeing clear. Where have you been Gags? :neyde:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Morphine Prince

I just want good music. I don't care whether it's perfect, dark, etc. 

She should just not give a **** or do an album with a mixture of all those elements. 

Interviews like this make me feel like she's nowhere close to being done with LG5... I hope we do get an album next year. She can't go so much time without releasing an album. 

arthurhmangum

oh ok, I flopped.

this explanation is perfect :applause: 

she just didn't word it correctly :saw:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

PaperIz

Her music is better when she does what she wants. Hope she she makes the music she wants to make. Art is always better with feelings behind it. You can't paint without pain.

She isn't wrong... but obviously she isn't completely right either. 

This thread is a testament to how differing tastes and opinions can be. 

But if we can be completely honest, a lot of the criticisms against her music since BTW has been that it is taxing and too chaotic. Has it not been?? Or did I just imagine that for the past 5 years? 

Bad Bromance

I think what Gaga is trying to say is that she can't put too much of her pain and anguish into her music or she'll have an album full of dark and painful songs; therefore, she's relieved she can release her pain and anguish when she's acting.  

Releasing new music is not easy when you have a label to please and fickle fans who drag you and turn their backs on you if you don't have a 15 track album full of "bops to pop your pu$$y to".  Having said this, I think she sometimes struggles to maintain a nice balance that will please her fans and the GP.  

As I've said on a number of occasions, I am in love with Gaga's vocals so I don't care what type of music she releases because I know I'm going to enjoy it either way.  

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Stephen

But I love dope :noparty: 

What happened to the girl who said "I don't create based on other people's reaction"? This is disappointing.

Brooke Hoegan

I have actually found a place to put so much pain and anguish that I have nowhere to put. You can put it in your music but that’s not always what people want from me in my music… They want a sweet, delightful, ‘Just Dance’ kind of girl or they want ‘Bad Romance’ and that’s fine."

How is this making any sence ?

Why did she put Bad Romance as an example of a song that doesn't have pain inside when in fact IT IS all about pain in love ?

Girl, what are you trying to prove ? That TFM, your most soaked in pain album doesn't contain pain at all ? :usrs:

BS

XoXoJoanneGaga

This really doesn't mean anything except she's not going to give us raw, unpolished songs like Dope, which I think was a given anyway. The next album will be much more polished and well produced than ARTPOP but that's a good thing, and it certainly doesn't mean it won't have genuine emotion behind it.

She's obviously going for a big comeback so expect something very accessible. But all of Gaga's music so far has been super accessible so again I don't see the issue.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I have actually found a place to put so much pain and anguish that I have nowhere to put. You can put it in your music but that’s not always what people want from me in my music… They want a sweet, delightful, ‘Just Dance’ kind of girl or they want ‘Bad Romance’ and that’s fine."

How is this making any sence ?

Why did she put Bad Romance as an example of a song that doesn't have pain inside when in fact IT IS all about pain in love ?

Girl, what are you trying to prove ? That TFM, your most soaked in pain album doesn't contain pain at all ? :usrs:

BS

Yea I think she just means the pain and emotion would be more filtered through an accessible/danceable pop format rather than just being pure raw pain like on Dope. On AHS  she gets to physically and emotionally let loose because she's playing a character, whereas in her music she has to be a bit more calculated and reserved to deliver something polished that people will like as opposed to just sobbing or screaming on a track.

Emigrante

Please Gags, read this. Do not sacrifice yourself and your art in the name of what people want. Please. Be yourself. You could create something you want to and at the same time promote your staff properly. :flirt:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived