💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rape triggers in AHS

NYCMonster1984

Featured Posts

SKANK

I don't think they raped her, they just cut her legs off right? 

Although I just remembered it was sort of ambiguous whether Penny was raped by the freaks in the first episode. I was never positive what that scene was about :confused: 

I could have sworn they d--gged Elsa, she wasn't completely coherent when they had s-x with her, before they cut off her legs. I'm pretty sure she was raped.

This conversation is so gross. lol

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderLevi2

He didn't glorify rape in anyway. It came off as horrific to me. I don't know what everyone else was watching.

No one bats an eye when a male centered comedy has men get women drunk to **** them and its glorified as funny and a bro thing... But AHS is the bad guy. Okay

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2

The very same people who promoted and raved about Till It Happens To You which is about this very same thing are now like, "rape and s-xual abuse victims need to stfu and get over it and deal." 

Classic. Way to show your true colors, compassionate bunch. 

that video showed rape and dramatized it? AHS didn't say rape was good or awesome. It showed a dark side to humans. Should they cancel the series because there is murder. What about a show about cancer? Should that be taken off the air because other people have had cancer. Art is not about censoring the dark sides of humans.

id be more upset if it was a bunch of old guys raping a woman and then the show making them seem like the hero. AHS did not do that.

Currently listening to Joanne

codymonster

The thing is, everyone is affected by everything in one way or another. Someone who has had a family member or close friend murdered will be triggered by murder.  Someone who has been physically abused by someone else will be triggered by domestic abuse. Yes, this is sad and unfortunate. But no, American Horror Story shouldn't censor itself for the sake of not wanting to disturb someone. The show is a self-professed show about murder, s-x, and the sick parts of human life.  

It's not like they're glorifying rape or showing it to be a good thing.  The man died for god's sake :rip: American Horror Story simply touches on the dark side of human life, and makes commentary on it.  If you do not like this type of thing, you do not have to watch.  Your friend was triggered by watching the scene and turned off their TV. There is no need to attack AHS. They did the right thing; turned off the TV and did not watch the show.

We as people just need to stop throwing the blame on other things. We are very much in control of what we view and take in. We don't need to attack everything we do not like. Unless of course they are making light or fun of serious issues such as this; which AHS was NOT doing.

djBuffoon

I thought the rape scene was very powerful and (unexpectedly) moving. Paulson and Greenfield were both breathtaking. It was really the kind of bit  that you would only see in experimental theatre. 

Sounds silly but Aliens really really scare me, and when I saw them in season 2 out of nowhere I was like OMG HOLY CRAP! but then I thought, well it's a horror show, and I know it doesn't compare but there's always a rape scene, maybe not on Freakshow, but that scene where the lizard girl was being gang banged disturbed me tooo. In any case there's a reason there's a warning and if rape scenes trigger you, you shouldn't watch cuz i think there will be more...

I love how there are like 10 extremely violent murders in that episode, yet somehow the rape scene is the offensive one.

venusian

I think that scene was unnecessary :sweat:

it was for the story. it was the addiction demon. that was how they introduced him so it was necessary. but they could've done it a different way

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

venusian

I love how there are like 10 extremely violent murders in that episode, yet somehow the rape scene is the offensive one.

its not "offensive" its a trigger. people can't help it. I'm assuming youre not a rape victim so you wouldn't understand. 

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

GagaisHotAF

It's a horror show.... Come on! People can be triggered by a lot of things. Murder (if they witnessed something awful), violence, child abduction, orgies. If they censored the show for "triggering" people it would just be the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Probably on Grindr

RAMROD

He obviously cannot do warning, because it will spoil the story. :toofunny:

Also, there are warning and rating before show starts, so viewing of the show is at your own discretion really.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

jojo Freud

Well its not unexpected, the rating warns about rape scenes and s-x scenes 

Archived