💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rape triggers in AHS

NYCMonster1984

Featured Posts

Rape isn't the only triggering thing. I had some severe anxiety issues last October and Tate's psychologist sessions in Murder House were so triggering for me I contemplated not watching for a day or two out of fear.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

I felt awlful after that, it was just too much for me..

But I expected it, really, it's AHS.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

DrewStevens

They put a warning before the show starts, even after commercial breaks. 

It's a horror show. People on the show have been beheaded, burn at the stake, injected with acids, impaled... 

If you are someone who is triggered by rape scenes you shouldn't be watching American Horror Story or any other horror show or movie.

EDIT: I'm glad you are warning other people who may be triggered by that scene, but my post is mainly addressing this part of the OP which I think it's unjustified and untrue: "but It's to bad that Ryan Murphy uses it so freely in his shows as entertainment[...] They didn't put a little warning".

monketsharona

Anybody can be triggered by anything in television. Suicide, bulimia, blood, violence, kidnap, house break-in. They can't be cautious when making a show centred around ideas of horror, and I'm personally happy they're willing to take risks. 

You spilled the tea !

According to your logic, nothing can really be done on TV

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Benji

Can some of you chill a tad, please.

She's just warning some people who have never seen the show before on one of the scene's contents. Y'all don't need to act nasty about it.

GloZell Green

Pretty sure there's a reason why they put the advisories everytime the show gets back from commercials.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

LastNight

It's such a tricky topic, it's important to be sensitive to other people and their experiences, but at the same time you have to appreciate the nature of the show, the horror genre and the story that's being told. There are so many things across so many types of media that are triggering, it would be difficult to tell any kind of story if you avoided all of them.

This show has always dealt with violence and s-x, some of the stuff in Season 2 is truly intense (Lana and Bloodyface anyone?) I think you just have to be concious going in that there are going to be scenes that unnerve you. The scene in Season 2 where Lana goes through aversion therapy to "cure" her homos-xuality, or in Season 3 the scenes relating to racially motivated violence are all massively disturbing. The topics are controversial and powerful, but it's necessary to tell that story. This particular rape scene was indeed shocking but it's telling a part of a bigger story - AHS does so well at tackling these big topics in society and so I think you have to watch it unfold.

I really sympathise with people for whom this kind of thing is a trigger, but I think it's important to acknowledge the history of the show and the genre it's dealing with - there are going to be disturbing moments and they will come in many different forms.

The Child

The metal dildo was so weird and also so s-xy, oh gosh AHS actually made me like something horrific which I thought could never happen.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

isaacanthony

This thread is just really annoying me tbh. 

TVMA stands for something.

people need to stop making big deals for **** they see on TV. Just enjoy the fu*king show. 

NYCMonster1984

I think you all sound really insensitive. Have some compassion. You can respect that it really bothered some people without being rude. Many of the friends who watched only watched for Gaga and have never seen the show before ever. They aren't aware it's a rape fest every season. 

Sister

It is long expected for this series and some other shows have gone this far as well.

You really can not be too conservative about any subject and watch regular television these days and I am not complaining or offended, I am just stating my opinion on what I see day to day.

During this rape scene in particular, I was careful not to watch the image of the incident in the mirror image, as the camera fell away and focused on a new activity and player coming into the scene. I just didn't let myself linger on it too long.

I do think that the scene was with reason for the story.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

I am actually pissed about this situation, theres been rape before. Lets remember when Madisson was raped, did anyone complained? No but since this was a guy then everyone loses their minds gosh ppl saying is too gory and ****. I mean get real its AHS

Pole dancer

Warholian

You spilled the tea !

spilled-tea.jpg

Lick it up. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

TimisaMonster

So putting the rating...explaing WHY it's TV-MA AND saying viewer discretion is advised wasn't enough? :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived