đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Artist's work submitted by fan to Madonna without permission

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Diamond Heart

This is sad. It would be one thing if the artist hadnt contacted Madonna's people because i feel like obviously its hard to source check fan-art and i presume Madonna/her team didnt think people would upload other peoples work, but the artist did contact her team and the respectful thing would to either pay the artist, credit the artist or remove the images at the artists request. Or at the very least reply to them and give them an explanation.
I hope Madonna's team sort it out.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

That's really not the right thing to do tbh. 

Her team is at fault obviously, and I do think he should sue them tbh.

JusKeepBreathin

no one would have been interested in his work, sorry. 

Madonna not crediting him is what gives him the opportunity to get any real "exposure".

Madonna was interested enough to put it both on her IG and tour.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Harry

Well I DO actually know about copyrights and I'm the first to stand up and say Madonna ripped off Guy Bourdin and Horst P. Horst for music videos in the past. All those copyright issues were privately settled. But that's not how it works these days. Work has to be recognisable in order for it to be seen as a copy. Given that this girl is unknown and is in the middle of a hundred other fan artworks, she doesn't stand a chance. Read this post by the "original artist" about the Gaga Judas copyright trial here: http://www.rebeccaf.com/id/why-you-should-care-that.html

Consider the Seventh Circuit’s recent decision in Peters v. West. Although Peters’ lawyers proved that Kanye West ripped off a vocal straight out of one of Peters’ song, manipulated it, and used it, “an ordinary observer” couldn’t tell that it had been ripped off. So Kanye West won, and Vincent Peters lost.

That's the way it is. It first of all wasn't intentional as it was a fansubmitted social media post and secondly even IF proven deliberately "stolen" (which it def. isn't) her work wasn't used in it's original manner and therefor not a copy. Madonna will win either way if gets to a legal case.

She (and y'all) can try again.

Even if that is the case (which it's not), the moral aspect still stands. You think it's okay? Even if it really was unintentional, you don't think now that Madonna should act on this as the artist has spoken out?

Stans are really the worst lol

JusKeepBreathin

How perfect would it be, Madonna uses the plagiarized work on IG and on tour for personal gain yet her someone else would pay the price of a law suit. She just washes her hands of the whole ordeal. The fact is her staff was made aware of the plagiarized work.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

jojuun

you need to rre-evaluate yourself. As an artist I am disgusted and terrified people like you think like this. It's stealing, and you just don't see it. I won't be replying again. Get some help.

0512292858ff9b43362730cff680de46f30381-w

Oh hi there artist! So glad you are telling me I need to re-evaluate myself because I think this girl and all of you are delusional for thinking Madonna knows about the original artwork. Madonna is on a world tour, not hunting down fan artwork on Google Image Search. I don't see how YOU cannot understand that. 

weedlover

"You might be Madonna, but BITCH, I’M MAD ON A few different levels. You stole my material, girl." :lmao::lmao:

Zsolti

problematic as always

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Madonna was interested enough to put it both on her IG and tour.

and gave no ****s about crediting lol there you have it.

Archived