RAMROD

This not the first time for Madonna though :fan:

Best kept secret.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jojuun

She used an artists work for her personal benefit (by lazily slapping her face on it) without asking, for her artistry that is her tour. You think Gaga would ever do something like that without checking? Never. It's extremely unprofessional, and the artist better be compensated.

tumblr_m0gc9dRuID1rq5oono1_250.gif

Have you even READ my previous post? Madonna "didn't slap her face" on anything. You think Madonna took out the time to make this? LMAO. It was submitted. A while ago Madonna announced she'd use fan art for one of the backdrop videos. She posted these and many, many others, should I link her Instagram page for ya? And then she used them, because that's what happens with submissions... And Gaga HAS done that, check my previous post, click on the link and educate yourself. And the collage is meant to be funny and ironic, or do you think Madonna (who has Picasso's, Warhols and Monets in her house) that this is actually a high-quality photoshop job?

Y'all want to be upset about something Madonna related whenever you can. If this was Katy it'd be the same. But not when it's Marina or Lana for instance.

So predictable 

jojuun

you're being very irrational right now. I love Madonna so much, but I also love my art. If someone used it like this on such an epic scale I'd br destroyed to get nothing out of it. It's stealing and it's wrong. The artist created that work, no matter how original or not you deem it to be. You are the delusional one. 

But how was Madonna to know? If I announce a submission contest and you send in an edit you did using my face with another persons artwork and I use it, how am I to blame? Madonna wasn't aware and probably still isn't. Do you think they actually check the email they put out for the public? Like, come on. I submitted for the Gaga fanbackdrop back in 2009 too. And I used pictures by various photographers. Imagine them suing Gaga for that. The fan is to blame, if anyone.

This girl has her 2 seconds now and this'll blow over.

PaperIz

But how was Madonna to know? If I announce a submission contest and you send in an edit you did using my face with another persons artwork and I use it, how am I to blame? Madonna wasn't aware and probably still isn't. Do you think they actually check the email they put out for the public? Like, come on. I submitted for the Gaga fanbackdrop back in 2009 too. And I used pictures by various photographers. Imagine them suing Gaga for that. The fan is to blame, if anyone.
This girl has her 2 seconds now and this'll blow over.

Madonna has a big enough empire to know what she's doing. She can research something. Or someone she hires could do it. Someone that big has no excuse. And she should get more than 2 seconds for her art being stolen. 

jojuun

This thread is pure flamebait to promote some Madonna hate. Hey @amenvodka, should I notify Marina and her director your using a still from her video? It's a registered copyrighted video and I'm guessing you never asked for consent. What kind of Taylor Swift Copyright issues do y'all have...

Tresor

tumblr_m0gc9dRuID1rq5oono1_250.gif

Have you even READ my previous post? Madonna "didn't slap her face" on anything. You think Madonna took out the time to make this? LMAO. It was submitted. A while ago Madonna announced she'd use fan art for one of the backdrop videos. She posted these and many, many others, should I link her Instagram page for ya? And then she used them, because that's what happens with submissions... And Gaga HAS done that, check my previous post, click on the link and educate yourself. And the collage is meant to be funny and ironic, or do you think Madonna (who has Picasso's, Warhols and Monets in her house) that this is actually a high-quality photoshop job?

Y'all want to be upset about something Madonna related whenever you can. If this was Katy it'd be the same. But not when it's Marina or Lana for instance.

So predictable 

No. You don't understand. The system of submitted artwork that her team used is flawed, and in this instance ILLEGAL. UNLESS the artist themselves submits it and this is able to be proven through whatever submission system her team uses, than any artist can file a suit for violated rights of use. This artist has full rights to sue. It doesn't matter if Madonna herself slapped it on LOL, it is negligence regardless. 

jojuun

Madonna has a big enough empire to know what she's doing. She can research something. Or someone she hires could do it. Someone that big has no excuse.

LMAO :bye:. It's the complete opposite. Imagine Madonna or an assistant, in the midst of a mega world tour rehearsal, trying to find the original artists of fan submitted artwork. It's FAN ARTWORK, someone also sent in a Tyra Banks photo with Madonna's face on it. Did Tyra sue or complain? I forreal cannot with this website sometimes. 

Her Instagram is FULL of fan art, does she have to check in with Coca Cola, Nutella and Scarlett Johansson (who was in the original photograph below)? It's manipulated fan art, Madonna just hits the regram button.

Tresor

LMAO :bye:. It's the complete opposite. Imagine Madonna or an assistant, in the midst of a mega world tour rehearsal, trying to find the original artists of fan submitted artwork. It's FAN ARTWORK, someone also sent in a Tyra Banks photo with Madonna's face on it. Did Tyra sue or complain? I forreal cannot with this website sometimes. 

Her Instagram is FULL of fan art, does she have to check in with Coca Cola, Nutella and Scarlett Johansson (who was in the original photograph below)? It's manipulated fan art, Madonna just hits the regram button.

Instagram doesn't apply, she gains no profit from posting these images. When you have people paying hundreds to see her tour, and you use art that you don't have permission to use, that's when it becomes illegal.

jojuun

No. You don't understand. The system of submitted artwork that her team used is flawed, and in this instance ILLEGAL. UNLESS the artist themselves submits it and this is able to be proven through whatever submission system her team uses, than any artist can file a suit for violated rights of use. This artist has full rights to sue. It doesn't matter if Madonna herself slapped it on LOL, it is negligence regardless. 

Are you f*cking serious? Do you have a social media page? Do you send every company/artist/person whom's photographs you repost? You are, just like this girl, delusional and Madonna doesn't give two sh*ts and any lawsuit will be out the door like a wrinkle on Madonna forehead. 

PaperIz

when she is using someone else's work, she needs to know what it's from. If you can't find the source, don't use it. It's wrong. I'm honestly shocked that you don't see the problem in this. If you don't have rights to use it, don't use it. Madonna's team would take us down in a moment if we used a song of hers to promote ourselves like this. Shouldn't be any different for her.

JusKeepBreathin

People still defending her when this is how she feels about her stolen art.

The whole artistic rape rant on her IG. The artist contacted her staff. She needs to fire some people on her staff for dropping the ball and give the artist credit with compensation.

I mean, the person who stole her art is in jail.  

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Harry

I love M too, but cmon... Reposting something on Instagram is not the same as using it in official promotional material and especially on a tour where you're taking a profit. I'm sure there's a law about that.

I know it applies to music. You can record cover songs or even use samples and it's totally legal until you charge people to buy your version. I think it's morally wrong, regardless of the legal side. Although it could've been an accident, now that the artist has spoken out I think it's only right for Madonna to rectify the situation and give credit where it's due.

Tresor

Are you f*cking serious? Do you have a social media page? Do you send every company/artist/person whom's photographs you repost? You are, just like this girl, delusional and Madonna doesn't give two sh*ts and any lawsuit will be out the door like a wrinkle on Madonna forehead. 

You have no knowledge of the laws of rights of use. Social media doesn't apply to this argument unless you are making money from what you post. As soon as you make profit while simultaneously using art that you don't have the rights to, you are breaking the law. This is what she did, and i'm sorry to inform that your dearly beloved Madonna has broken the law.

Bad Bromance

I don't know any of the details but if any of this is true, who's reductive now??   :teehee:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived