Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Tony Bennett's new album opens with less than 4k

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Swan Heart

Tony is a legend and this is not pop music.

So no one really gives a ****. 

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lion Heart

Gaga's curse

But for reals I didn't know he had an album out

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

LMAO at anybody who thinks Tony cares or even checks how many units he has sold.

I mean, what are you comparing him to? Taylor Swift? One Direction?

TimisaMonster

Well I didn't even know he came out with another album til I opened this thread :awkney:

Either way...this is truly reflective of the C2C album sales, it winning a Grammy, and the tour being a sold out hit...it was cuz of Gaga

However, he's been in the industry for DECADES and his fan base claims to be large but now they seem to be casual fans that only want to see him live...not buy his music

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Another thing to take into consideration with Tony is that he sings Jazz standards. Most of the songs on this album he has sung many times before. I mean I Won't Dance is on this album, he sang this song with Gaga on C2C.

It makes sense, from his fans too, that this would get less sales than his duets albums or C2C. They brought a different flavour due to different partnerships.

C2C was heavily promoted and Tony's performance on GMA was cancelled due to the tragedy.

I think it's clear a lot of the success of C2C is due to Gaga, but Tony isn't in any trouble. He is a legend and people will certainly go to see him on tour, if he decides to tour for this album.

Evan Peters

like he cares :rip: he releases albums all the time. The #TrueRihanna

emma roberts is an abuser

Bad Bromance

I don't think Tony is hurting one bit.  He has cemented himself as a jazz legend so this is certainly not going to diminish all of his accomplishments throughout his 60 plus years career.  Besides, Tony's new album received zero promo so it's not a surprise his sales are much lower than C2C.

We also have to recognize that Gaga was also responsible for the C2C sales given that a lot of Monsters bought the album, as well.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Dayman

I'm sure he's crying into hundred dollar bills right now over this. :cryga:

He has one of the greatest careers and legacy of any entertainer, everything at this point is for him - not for money. His work is what keeps him truly young, good for him.

PartySick

There was like 0 promo for it. 

However, if he had such a dedicated fan base buying his album as some haters claimed C2C only sold a million due to Tony, then this would have easily sold more than 4k.

I don't think Tony care though. He IS music not the bling. 

Yeah, the dude's so far above numbers. Especially in today's market when the top ten songs sound the same and they're all about cheap love or s-x :rip: Numbers don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing).

I bought The Silver Lining and it's not as lively as Cheek to Cheek, it's actually really relaxing, but there are still some great tracks on it. I love Make Believe and I'm Old Fashioned :nick:The only track I really don't like is I Won't Dance. I was spoiled with the duet version so just him singing it doesn't live up to he and Gaga playing off each other :shrug:

I can't wait for Tony and Gaga to work together again :party:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

PartySick

I don't think Tony is hurting one bit.  He has cemented himself as a jazz legend so this is certainly not going to diminish all of his accomplishments throughout his 60 plus years career.  Besides, Tony's new album received zero promo so it's not a surprise his sales are much lower than C2C.

We also have to recognize that Gaga was also responsible for the C2C sales given that a lot of Monsters bought the album, as well.

It's good for him too :yes: when he was commenting on Cheek to Cheek and the tour he said that he likes stuff to be more low key and intimate. A crowd of a few hundred in a small venue is what he likes. He's not one of those people that concerns himself with selling million and millions and performing at arenas and stadiums and such :laughga:

He's so down to Earth and charming :flutter:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Bad Bromance

It's good for him too :yes: when he was commenting on Cheek to Cheek and the tour he said that he likes stuff to be more low key and intimate. A crowd of a few hundred in a small venue is what he likes. He's not one of those people that concerns himself with selling million and millions and performing at arenas and stadiums and such :laughga:

He's so down to Earth and charming :flutter:

Tony's definitely is all about the intimate venues.  He's such a class act!   :yes:  I'm planning on buying his new album tomorrow night.  :party:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

PartySick

Tony's definitely is all about the intimate venues.  He's such a class act!   :yes:  I'm planning on buying his new album tomorrow night.  :party:

Enjoy it :sara: I know I am :flutter:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Archived