Is Fashion! (ARTPOP) Underrated?

Jesse Pinkman

Fashion!  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is it underrated?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Sorry, but I just can't agree with that (personally). Fashion, while it has a nice production, offers NOTHING to the ARTPOP album. It's literally about feeling good about yourself through changing clothes. Which now that I think about it, fits way better with Born This Way. 

Either way, as a standalone tracks it's mediocre at best and apart of a collective body of work is horrible. No story-telling, worst chorus....ever. It's just a miss, in my opinion. 

If if this were her first song about Fashion then I would be more perceptive to warm up to it, but the subject has been done to death.

I swear if LG5 has anything to do fashion, fame, or d--gs I will literally gouge my eyes out with hot pins (aka just burn man stan card). She's capable of so much more than a song like Fashion. 

Fiona Apple

Yes and it deserves to be...oops :later:

That doesn't make sense :confused: Underrated means that it deserved more attention/acclaim

andy232000

No. Its too weak and that super long note you all preach about is fake, she doesnt actually hold the note for long, its a loop. She just sings for 3 seconds and that is repeated over and over. Listen to an acapella 

Bette Davis

I hated Fashion in the beginning, but its one of the few songs on ARTPOP that I started to like more and more :sara:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Sorry, but I just can't agree with that (personally). Fashion, while it has a nice production, offers NOTHING to the ARTPOP album. It's literally about feeling good about yourself through changing clothes. Which now that I think about it, fits way better with Born This Way. 

Either way, as a standalone tracks it's mediocre at best and apart of a collective body of work is horrible. No story-telling, worst chorus....ever. It's just a miss, in my opinion. 

If if this were her first song about Fashion then I would be more perceptive to warm up to it, but the subject has been done to death.

I swear if LG5 has anything to do fashion, fame, or d--gs I will literally gouge my eyes out with hot pins (aka just burn man stan card). She's capable of so much more than a song like Fashion. 

Y'all realise on her next album she won't exactly explore new writing themes right? She only writes songs about typical pop ideas like s-x, love, d--gs, fame and her own ones about gay rights, fashion and recently rape. 

There's not much else she can write about because nothing massively new has occurred for her to write about that she's already wrote about, the album could be inspired by the negative stuff from 2013 but it would basically be like TFM with DWUW themes, it could be about Taylor and her happy life now but it would be no different than Gypsy meets most of TF, it could be about racism and the advancement of gay rights and it'd basically be BTW again. Anyone who's a fan knows her writing style doesn't change much like ARTPOP was basically ALL the same writing from her past 3 albums in one.

There's not much else she can write about tbh, the sound of the album should be our main concern though because she should focus on good beats more since ARTPOP was a massive production step up from her previous efforts and was much more clean and had white noise.

Yes! i don't know why it gets so much hate. I love listening to it whenever it comes on my phone. You almost forget that Will.I.Am produced it, shame his own music doesn't sound this good.  :omfgaga:

The Earth remembers, the stones remember. If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Y'all realise on her next album she won't exactly explore new writing themes right? She only writes songs about typical pop ideas like s-x, love, d--gs, fame and her own ones about gay rights, fashion and recently rape. 

There's not much else she can write about because nothing massively new has occurred for her to write about that she's already wrote about, the album could be inspired by the negative stuff from 2013 but it would basically be like TFM with DWUW themes, it could be about Taylor and her happy life now but it would be no different than Gypsy meets most of TF, it could be about racism and the advancement of gay rights and it'd basically be BTW again. Anyone who's a fan knows her writing style doesn't change much like ARTPOP was basically ALL the same writing from her past 3 albums in one.

There's not much else she can write about tbh, the sound of the album should be our main concern though because she should focus on good beats more since ARTPOP was a massive production step up from her previous efforts and was much more clean and had white noise.

That's your opinion. In mine, there are so many alternative aspects of her life that she could further explore. Her split with her manager, the breaking of her hip (Applause doesn't count), her fade from the top, the media, her love for Taylor, her breakup with Luc, Tony Bennett and the C2C experience, Madonna, AHS, etc....That alone is the amount of songs on TFM. Also, all of those concepts at least exclude three albums. 

You saying there's not much for her to write about tbh is putting her in a box and saying she can't progress. I refuse to except that. She's more than capable. Why don't you just be real and say you don't want her to write about anything else, instead of spouting nonsense about her not being able to write about new topics. Bye Felicia. 

That's your opinion. In mine, there are so many alternative aspects of her life that she could further explore. Her split with her manager, the breaking of her hip (Applause doesn't count), her fade from the top, the media, her love for Taylor, her breakup with Luc, Tony Bennett and the C2C experience, Madonna, AHS, etc....That alone is the amount of songs on TFM. Also, all of those concepts at least exclude three albums. 

You saying there's not much for her to write about tbh is putting her in a box and saying she can't progress. I refuse to except that. She's more than capable. Why don't you just be real and say you don't want her to write about anything else, instead of spouting nonsense about her not being able to write about new topics. Bye Felicia. 

But she's never shown capability to write beyond that, all her album songs & unreleased songs to date centre around the same ideas & all the "new ideas" you listed relate into her usual writing style anyway; the stuff about the AP sabotage relate to fame, the stuff about Luc & Taylor relate to her usual love song styles and these have been done to DEATH since all her love songs (except Gypsy & Brooklyn Nights) are about Luc, Tony & C2C would centre around a mix of acceptance/expression and fame in some respects, Madonna would equal fame related songs and AHS would produce anything TFM sounding in lyrics.

The only songs where she's gone away from her usual style either partially or completely are Dope and Swine (& TIHTY but she didn't write it herself Diane wrote most of it).

YES OMG :giveup:

So much!

The lyrics are so well done and personal and revealing and it's hands down the best bridge she has ever recorded and the atmosphere of the song is just amazing.

Always has been one of my favorites :flutter:

this

Archived