💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds on why he doesn't regret playing in Azerbaijan

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

You took some heat for playing Israel and Azerbaijan. Any regrets over doing those shows?
No. I don’t believe in depriving our fans who want to see us play because of the acts of their leaders and their governments. I think that’s a really slippery slope. I think the second you start to do that, there’s corrupt leaders and warmongers all over the world, and where do you draw the line?

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1

The drawing of the line is a legitimate question, often ignored. Though, tbh, I'd kinda live for it if artists and bands started refusing to play in the US for example. Like it or not, that **** does generate public scrutiny, awareness and political activism.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I agree with not punishing people for the actions of their governments. 
But there's also no way you can guarantee that everyone in that crowd opposes the actions of their government either.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bronco said:

This is also what the US government always says, but then they slap numerous sanctions against third world countries that dare to question US hegemony. And sanctions overwhelmingly impact common people, and poor people, the most.

The fact that Imagine Dragons won't even think or consider "performing" in Gaza should tell you all you need to know. Not only is Gaza too destroyed for that, revealing the unequal nature of the war, but it's also obvious that Imagine Dragon's ideology, like many others, is selectively moral.

I can't imagine them being this nice to countries impacted by the consequences of US and European hegemony the world over. They're only this selective and "nuanced" when it comes to a virtual US puppet state like Israel.

Dr. Jill Biden
  • Like 2

Most of the artists who boycotted Israel, had no problem playing in Russia up to war with Ukraine, the same Russia that did anti-LGBTQ+ laws, arrested LGBTQ+ and used Chechnya to massacre LGBTQ+ in camps (a fact that somehow has been forgotten by the LGBTQ+ community itself) and it was always the same excuse "the people".

And now these same artists don't have a problem to perform or shoot videos in country likes Hungary and Poland (Hi Dua, you can't scream Free Palestine and then perform and shoot  a video in Hungary, a homophobic country).

So what I'm saying is, many artist, especially those who claims to be ally to LGBTQ+ has no problem to do a concert in homophobic countries.

But in the other hand, we may think that boycotting a country may push the people to go against their government, but the results are actually says differently, they actually brings more support to their leaders and more justification to the actions of their leaders. "they hate us so we're doing the right thing" mentality.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

TimotheeChalamet
17 minutes ago, River said:

(Hi Dua, you can't scream Free Palestine and then perform and shoot  a video in Hungary, a homophobic country).

I agree but most of American artists and productions shoot movies/visuals in eastern Europe mainly because it's less expensive, they would have to break several business agreements to stop doing so. That may be the cause. 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I agree but most of American artists and productions shoot movies/visuals in eastern Europe mainly because it's less expensive, they would have to break several business agreements to stop doing so. That may be the cause. 

Yeah it's all about money at the end, sometimes I wonder if we actually need to boycott these artists instead and show them that their choices are wrong.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

But there's also no way you can guarantee that everyone in that crowd opposes the actions of their government either.

Same goes for anywhere though with governments that take actions we don’t agree with. 

• Like 1

The US did more war crimes and bombed more places than any other country in the world……. Imagine if artist stopped playing there lol

Dan is right.

5 hours ago, hpmcmill said:

Same goes for anywhere though with governments that take actions we don’t agree with. 

I mean there's a difference between taking actions we disagree with & committing war crimes.