Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Azealia Banks "Whiteness May Be A Mental Illness"

Angel Down

Featured Posts

Gaga Monster

She makes awesome music (BWET slays) but her behavior recently is very concerning. If she just hanged her attitude maybe she would be more well known and loved. But that comment is very offensive and very close minded to say

GGD Presidential Elections

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel Down

@Stylian Hey :) Your topic title was changed slightly to prevent trouble stemming from it, plus to make sure that the focus is kept on the tweets and not the name thing in the title which could derail and cause problems by itself :sweat: 

It's okay :kissga:

Bette Davis

The irony is too much. Here she is doing exactly what she preaches against. She's denying the struggle of another group. She's literally an idiot. She needs education and medication asap 

'the general disregard for other people's struggle that white folk generally have is not of this earth'

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

DrewStevens

She is the one who is mentally ill. Does she always has to play the victim after she messes up?

I don't think she is the one who should talk about "disregard for other people's struggle" when she has ridiculed trans people, made antisemitic remarks and has tried to redefine  homophobic slurs.

She is the female Donald Trump. Always running her mouth saying the most ignorant and hateful things and convincing a few people that there's a real message behind her "bad choice of words".

Whispering

While we're on the subject, let's look at the symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

An insatiable appetite for the attention of other people.
Generally prone to extreme feelings of jealousy.
Behave as if they deserve special treatment.
Commonly exaggerate their achievements, talents and importance.
Extremely sensitive.

Find it difficult to maintain healthy relationships.
Obsessed with themselves.
Respond to criticism with anger.
Respond to criticism with humiliation.
Respond to criticism with shame.
Seem arrogant.

Tend to seek out praise and positive reinforcement from others.
They may be perceived by others as tough-minded or without emotion.
Usually expect others to agree with them or go along with what they ask for or want blindly.
Very easily hurt.

Blames others and makes them feel guilty for all their problems.

Hmm...Not sure she's one to be talking.

My guess is she has a couple of severe personality disorders. That's why her constant illogical and overblown rants seem so bizarre to the average person. 

There really isn't any pill to cure a personality disorder. She needs the right therapist who will walk her through her thoughts, emotions and reactions several times a week for a decade...maybe decades. Unfortunately, most people with personality disorders won't make this kind of commitment. 

There are some personality disorders that usually level out and get better when the individuals reach old age. That's what happens to a lot of these people. 

DrewStevens

The irony is too much. She's literally an idiot. She needs education and medication asap 

'the general disregard for other people's struggle that white folk generally have is not of this earth'

Oh god she is and idiot.

"America has been really good at convincing me that everyone else's problems are more important than my own" - literally every racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic or s-xist person ever.

thefamebitch

I wonder if she meant it in the same way as how homos-xuality and being black was once considered a disease/ mental illness. 

elijahfan

Typically the kind of person that's NEVER happy with anything: complaining about the importance of white culture, and calling out any white person showing interest in another culture for cultural appropriation. What's the solution then? Kill all the white people? (I actually think she'd consider the idea)

She's bringing nothing to the discussion except bitterness and hate. She's an embarrassment to her community, and to humanity.

This actually on of my favorite song from her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R3VGhwT3xc

I agree, I like her music. But her attitude is so obnoxious. It's not that she is completely wrong, yes there is issue but she takes it to a level that makes her sounds exactly like the racists white people she is complaining about and that won't make they change or reflect for a sec because she seems so irrational in her rants.

I never heard this song, but is good

StrawberryBlond

It's a weird law of nature that just as soon as I see or hear something that rekindles my faith in humanity and our ability to evolve humanely, Azealia comes along with one of her bigoted rants that dowses that brief moment of hope. I would say she was a horrible person, but honestly, I can only be so judgemental towards someone who is quite clearly mentally ill. She likely doesn't even realise it, meaning she's unlikely to ever be diagnosed and treated. She cannot genuinely be confident and happy because this is the classic behaviour of a person with deep troubles. So, I can only feel sorry for her, in an ironic way. I hope that one day, someone can make her see the light and all the beauty this world and humaity has to offer before this bitterness eats her alive.

Supersonic

At the very very root of what she's saying, she was a point about the concept of "white privilege" and how it can (keyword can) lead to cultural ignorance and lack of sympathy/empathy for underprivileged people based on race/ethnicity/geographic location....

She just chose the most generalizing, polarizing and offensive way to say it, which is so typical of her :giveup: 

Most of the time it's not what she says it's how she says it. Like I get what she's TRYING to say but as soon as she opens her mouth or goes on twitter it's literal word vomit :sharon:

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived