Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Do you think Gaga will be as good as Jessica Lange?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Jessica leaving AHS is seen as one of the biggest changes made to AHS but Gaga joining AHS reflects this as well in the opposite way. Apparently, these two women will be compared (are already being compared) with each other and this no doubt puts pressure on Gaga in bringing the full potential out of her. I think Jessica is a very talented actress but I'm guessing that in order to avoid severe criticism, Gaga has been working very hard to match Jessica's performance or even outdo her (this is not an adversarial competition but a healthy one). As much of the spotlight will be placed on the lead actress herself, I don't think Gaga is here to f uck around and she has the potential to become as good as Jessica. Of course I've not seen her act yet and this is just merely my guess. However I don't think Gaga will channel Lange and seek inspiration from her, I think Gaga intends to be as good as her, but very differently from her, to show that she has distinct skills from the rest of the cast and is able to deliver us something which we have not seen before rather than following the path which Jessica has walked on.

gaga+AHS+hotel.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip

Also this is kind of a strange comparison since Jessica has been acting since the 70s and has tremendous experience whereas Gaga is a rookie. We do not know what Gaga is capable of yet. I think Gaga will do great on AHS but she's still in her rookie stage of acting. 

Dangerous Man

Considering acting on TV series isn't what Gaga really have been doing from the past years, maybe not for now.  However, we all know how great she is on that field despite of minimal experience so I think in no time she can compete with those actresses including Jessica. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Bradley

Also this is kind of a strange comparison since Jessica has been acting since the 70s and has tremendous experience whereas Gaga is a rookie. We do not know what Gaga is capable of yet. I think Gaga will do great on AHS but she's still in her rookie stage of acting. 

Gaga was in her rookie stage of singing during The Fame and look what she'd accomplished.

Also even if she's still in her rookie stage of acting, she's been in showbiz for seven years. It's like how Gaga earned a Grammy award for her first jazz record, something which no one expected.

Alien Tulip

Gaga was in her rookie stage of singing during The Fame and look what she'd accomplished.

Also even if she's still in her rookie stage of acting, she's been in showbiz for seven years. It's like how Gaga earned a Grammy award for her first jazz record, something which no one expected.

Music and acting are different. Yes Gaga has diverse talent but I don't think it's safe to say her acting is on the levels of Jessica Lange, Meryl Streep, Linda Blair etc since she's in her rookie stage of acting. 

Diamond Heart

No :rip: and if you think she will your setting yourself up for disappointment.

Gaga will be fine, but shes no Jessica Lange.
Lange is an absolute expert at her craft, which is built upon years and years of experience. Gaga has never done any major acting roles.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

djBuffoon

It wouldn't be the first time that an untested actor has come out of nowhere and wowed me. Seen it happen many times. And I'm assuming that she is working with a coach to hone her dialogue, which is the smart thing to do. Speaking personally, to this day, I don't do a single play without working on it with someone first.

But just looking over Gaga's videography, the amount of moods and emotions she is able to access and make the viewer feel, just through her body and face alone... she has the facility and emotional awareness that acting requires. I watched the iTunes concert recently and was stunned at how she could be a homicidal maniac (Aura), psychedelic hippy (ARTPOP), s-x kitten (Sex Dreams) and full-out rockstar (Swine). She embodied each "type" so well, that it's hard to believe they're all the same person.

To answer your question: I think she will be amazing. Will she be asked to cover the range of emotions that was asked of Lange? Who knows, probably not. But I would not be surprised if she turns in an instantly iconic, Emmy-worthy performance.

Bradley

Considering acting on TV series isn't what Gaga really have been doing from the past years, maybe not for now.  However, we all know how great she is on that field despite of minimal experience so I think in no time she can compete with those actresses including Jessica. 

That's promising enough! :yes:

Alien Tulip

Lange is an absolute expert at her craft, which is built upon years and years of experience. Gaga has never done any major acting roles.

Pretty much

Bad Bromance

I can't see yes or no since we really haven't seen Gaga act on TV or the big screen.  Her role in Sin City was very, very tiny so we can't really count that.  I'm pretty sure Gaga is going to give it her all and she will surprise all of us in a good way. 

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Bradley

That's totally fine for me. I'm not expecting universal acclaim for her first major acting role so I'll be fine. :nick:

Archived