đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should there have been a male vitim in TIHTY video?

Katie14

Featured Posts

untitled

There's a trans male in the video, I suppose

bjj9p9q19xizhlsgh7wt.png

And also at 4:20

IMG_20150919_162304_zpsjosrxe0k.jpg

I do think we should shed more light on this subject matter, but the documentary mainly focuses on females being raped, because it's a more common thing in college campuses.

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

Absolutely. 

I read somewhere that by the FBI's definition of "rape," someone has to be penetrated, and historically the definition even specified females. Therefore, a female (or another male) coercing a male into having s-x with her/him, doing things to his body against his will, taking advantage of a passed out or d--gged male, etc. would not be considered rape. 

After doing some research, I found the original article that talked about male rape: http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/04/male_rape_in_america_a_new_study_reveals_that_men_are_s-xually_assaulted.html 

BUT I also found a report by the CDC which DOES include male rape in forms of s-xual assault and even includes "forced to penetrate" that was put out 4 years earlier than the above article. http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_report2010-a.pdf

Their results showed that:
Estimated Number of Rape Victims (In the US)
Women: 21,840,000
Men: 1,581,000 

Estimated Number of Other Sexual Violence (In the US)
Women: 53,174,000
Men: 25,130,000 

So rates of men being victims of rape/s-xual violence is much, much lower than that of women, but it still happens and it's still serious.

The obvious answer would be yes.

However, isn't The Hunting Grounds movie about college rape happening to females? If the movie is about that then it makes sense that the MV also focuses on that.

I see your point. And agree.

Though I think it's very horrifying who male victims get looked over. I think that also male victims have it also very hard. I don't think that everybody would believe a guy that he got raped by a woman/man either. It's clearly a topic that also needs to be talked about imo 

Agreed 1000%

It's just such an awkward topic because you just know that a lot of people would be against the message if it included it. Grrr, it's annoying

Absolutely. 

I read somewhere that by the FBI's definition of "rape," someone has to be penetrated, and historically the definition even specified females. Therefore, a female (or another male) coercing a male into having s-x with her/him, doing things to his body against his will, taking advantage of a passed out or d--gged male, etc. would not be considered rape. 

Is that really true?

"Sexual Consent 

Sexual activity requires consent, which is defined as positive, unambiguous, and voluntary agreement to engage in specific s-xual activity throughout a s-xual encounter. Consent cannot be inferred from the absence of a “no”; a clear “yes,” verbal or otherwise, is necessary.  Consent to some s-xual acts does not constitute consent to others, nor does past consent to a given act constitute present or future consent. Consent must be ongoing throughout a s-xual encounter and can be revoked at any time.

Consent cannot be obtained by threat, coercion, or force. Agreement under such circumstances does not constitute consent.

Consent cannot be obtained from someone who is asleep or otherwise mentally or physically incapacitated, whether due to alcohol, d--gs, or some other condition. A person is mentally or physically incapacitated when that person lacks the ability to make or act on considered decisions to engage in s-xual activity. Engaging in s-xual activity with a person whom you know – or reasonably should know – to be incapacitated constitutes s-xual misconduct."

http://smr.yale.edu/s-xual-misconduct-policies-and-definitions

I think the misunderstand comes from what is actually considered consent.

Is that really true?

"Sexual Consent 

Sexual activity requires consent, which is defined as positive, unambiguous, and voluntary agreement to engage in specific s-xual activity throughout a s-xual encounter. Consent cannot be inferred from the absence of a “no”; a clear “yes,” verbal or otherwise, is necessary.  Consent to some s-xual acts does not constitute consent to others, nor does past consent to a given act constitute present or future consent. Consent must be ongoing throughout a s-xual encounter and can be revoked at any time.

Consent cannot be obtained by threat, coercion, or force. Agreement under such circumstances does not constitute consent.

Consent cannot be obtained from someone who is asleep or otherwise mentally or physically incapacitated, whether due to alcohol, d--gs, or some other condition. A person is mentally or physically incapacitated when that person lacks the ability to make or act on considered decisions to engage in s-xual activity. Engaging in s-xual activity with a person whom you know – or reasonably should know – to be incapacitated constitutes s-xual misconduct."

http://smr.yale.edu/s-xual-misconduct-policies-and-definitions

I think the misunderstand comes from what is actually considered consent.

Historically- it was changed in recent years, if I recall correctly. (the article I linked touches on it)

EDIT: Note it was specifying the FBI's definition of "rape"

The Hunting Ground is about rape at college and to say that a man being raped in the video wouldn't have been realistic or silly is disgusting. It is exactly the horror that surrounds male rape, that it is seen as laughable which s disgusting. The fact you say it could have a comic vibe or taken less seriously shows how awful male rape victims are treated. I know there are males in the video and I know the film is mainly about female rape but your comments anger me yet I know you probably meant no harm by them.

The only reason people are saying that on the comments is simply because they're nit picking, plus the person who gets raped in the bathroom is a trans man i believe.

If that was the case, they should've included any rape for anyone including molestation but no, plus the documentary is primarily about female rape victims in college. 

It's there to raise awareness of rape, and it disgusts me people are trying to make it into some Meninist **** and also trying to make jokes about it & Gaga's experience of it.

The Hunting Ground is about rape at college and to say that a man being raped in the video wouldn't have been realistic or silly is disgusting. It is exactly the horror that surrounds male rape, that it is seen as laughable which s disgusting. The fact you say it could have a comic vibe or taken less seriously shows how awful male rape victims are treated. I know there are males in the video and I know the film is mainly about female rape but your comments anger me yet I know you probably meant no harm by them.

That is not the way I feel though. I'm saying that the video would be perceived that way by the general public. I don't think this is fair or right but its just the way our society is right now. Helping male victims is like a completely different project, one that the documentary and music video are not trying to accomplish. This video is a step in the right direction but it isn't targeted at portraying all rape on campus. It is targeted at portraying the most common victims.

Even if you do not feel this way, if the video had a man being raped by a female, don't you think people would react by saying the scene is ridiculous and unrealistic? It isn't unrealistic and does happen but people don't see it that way.

ARTPOPchamp

There are a small number of men who are raped on campus, but it's more common among women, I think a male would have added to the controversy factor of the video but I don't feel it's necessary. :koons:

Why ? Because of some fantasies of little monsters or what ? 

This song and video is about a message and important subject and not about attention whoring. There is a documentation behind the song. 

Archived