Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Can We Ever Expect Another Big "feat. Lady Gaga" Again?

Leo

Featured Posts

This is a question regarding Gaga as a featured artist, that is Gaga being a collaborator on someone else's song (i.e. Chillin' - Wale feat. Lady Gaga) as opposed to her adding an artist to her own track (i.e. Do What U Want -  Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly).

For whatever reason, I can't see Gaga being used as a featured artist in a big way. I don't really know why. But I was wondering if anyone else thought the same.

She was set to be a featured artist on Kendrick's track, but that was cancelled. And I think Hello, Hello was Elton featuring her, but I'm not 100% sure, but that didn't reach much of an audience. I think Videophone was her last big featured song, and that was a post-album edit like E.T. or Bad Blood. Gaga was in talks to be the female vocalist in an Eminem track too, but I'm glad that didn't work out to be honest.

Gaga doesn't collaborate much, but I can't see any big future collaborations in this way in her future. Maybe it's because she prefers more control, and would rather be the one inviting artists onto her own record, or simply being very very selective about who she works with from now on. Maybe her decrease in her popularity on pop radio might put big artists who collaborate for success from working with her.

Anyway, I was just wondering what people thought. Here's this classic to enjoy.

Didymus

Not in the way we've had them before tbh. If the Cher collaboration has taught us anything it's that Gaga either demands complete creative control over either the product in progress or the finalized one or wants a completely natural collaboration that starts from absolute scratch. If she's featured on a song at all I suspect we can also expect her to be credited as one of the main songwriters at the least.

So I think she'll do it if it's a true collaboration and not just her slapping some vocals on a song that's already finished (Video Phone-esque).

I also noticed some hesitance in her answer to Bruce Weber's question about her collaborating with some artist I forgot the name of: "Not a bad idea". Kind of a non-answer compared to her beautiful description of her previous collaborations and her philosophy about it etc. So yeah, I think she'll be extremely selective in the future and won't just do a collaboration for the sake of it.

She could be, (RedOne Ft Lady Gaga should happen soon, no?) but her pride or whatever probably prevents her from it.

Supersonic

Not in the way we've had them before tbh. If the Cher collaboration has taught us anything it's that Gaga either demands complete creative control over either the product in progress or the finalized one or wants a completely natural collaboration that starts from absolute scratch. If she's featured on a song at all I suspect we can also expect her to be credited as one of the main songwriters at the least.

So I think she'll do it if it's a true collaboration and not just her slapping some vocals on a song that's already finished (Video Phone-esque).

I also noticed some hesitance in her answer to Bruce Weber's question about her collaborating with some artist I forgot the name of: "Not a bad idea". Kind of a non-answer compared to her beautiful description of her previous collaborations and her philosophy about it etc. So yeah, I think she'll be extremely selective in the future and won't just do a collaboration for the sake of it.

When I read the interview I literally pictured Gaga pulling a :awkney: while saying "not a bad idea" :dies:

If it hasn't happened since 2009, I don't see her ever being a featured artist

The last big one was Video Phone when she was still a brand new artist so she probably thought she needed that exposure from Beyoncé

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Didymus

When I read the interview I literally pictured Gaga pulling a :awkney: while saying "not a bad idea" :dies:

I pictured this:

GXrfUH5.gif

Edit: Which I just discovered is like an alternative version of awkney :air:

Basically the same movements but more composed :air:

no, Gaga thinks she's too big to do that

Hun, your rudeness and ignorance is kind of disturbing. :awkney: If you are really a fan, you would know how down to earth she is. Its just that her perfectionism and creativity are the two things she cannot bear to sacrifice. That is where her integrity lies.

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Archived