💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

What Made "Piece by Piece" Fail?

DiscoHeaven23

What Made Piece by Piece fail  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think Piece by Piece failed?

• Bad first single choice
    • Kelly's image (I.e. Her weight gain)
    • She seemed to not care about the album and the GP noticed that
    • The album was awful
    • People were sick of Kelly
    • Kelly's age (Some may be turned off by artists not in their 20's )
    • Not enough promotion
    • That album cover though...
    • A mix of some of these choices
    • Other

Featured Posts

I feel like it was because of the album cover, and just not caring about her album. Which is ok, but you can't expect the GP to be here for your album if not even you are here for your album lol. I don't think her weight gain has much to do with it. I remember Katie Hopkins went after her for it, and seemed as if most people were on her side. 

Riot Poof

I feel like people aren't here for Kelly condemning herself to AC hell.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

StrawberryBlond

A mixture of things. As evidenced by a lot of posts here, a lot of people didn't even realise she had a new album out as it was barely promoted. She just didn't seem to care about it at all and if the artist doesn't care, the public won't either. I think she seems to be done with pop and only made this album to complete her pop contract and now wants to branch out into country. The title was boring and so cliche and the cover art was terribly done and looked like the sort of album you'd see in a bargain bin. And the music itself was so bland and forgettable. I can only remember the lead single, but everything else fades into nothingness, even the one song I thought was good. A very dated pop style won't set the charts alight. I do think her age and motherhood did have something to do with it too. Older popstars just can't be successful unless they're producing highly mature work that grabs your attention and this wasn't one of those albums. A lot of artists reach that stage where they've exhausted their genre and can't make good stuff anymore and Kelly already reached that with Stronger but Piece By Piece was the final nail in the coffin.

Archived