question

LG5 vs KP4

Creyk

Featured Posts

Riot Poof

I wish some people would look into music history...you'd be shocked how many legends never had #1s, and how many people atop the Hot 100 nobody has heard of....

This is so true... #1s represent the song's popularity at that certain point in time, but it takes more than a high chart position to guarantee longevity.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPNick

Why is everyone so sure about the Katy and Taylor thing? I live in Europe and in my country, they aren't that famous, ok they have some top 10 hits and maybe a few #1 , but in my opinion US loves Katy and Taylor, but EU loves Gaga... Everyone is saying wow Taylor swift rules the whole pop chart, well not in my country (Wildes dreams is the first single from her latest album that is played here)

Robinladen

Why is everyone so sure about the Katy and Taylor thing? I live in Europe and in my country, they aren't that famous, ok they have some top 10 hits and maybe a few #1 , but in my opinion US loves Katy and Taylor, but EU loves Gaga... Everyone is saying wow Taylor swift rules the whole pop chart, well not in my country (Wildes dreams is the first single from her latest album that is played here)

It's not like ARTPOP was much of a hit here either lbr. In most European countries Applause dropped like a rock, while in the US it had really good longevity.

I do agree that in general Gaga's (and Rihanna's) popularity is on the same level in the US and Europe tho, while for artists like Taylor/Beyoncé/Katy there's a bigger difference.

Same here I'm in Europe too

GagaUnderYou

both will be successful in different ways

hopefully Gaga can be as commercially successful as Gaga but Gaga's music is better than hers anyways

arthurhmangum

I want great music more. The commercial success is a added bonus. :creepga:

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

flopheart

I don't think LG5 will be out in Q1.. she's not already working on it, btw KP4 will be more successful 

GawdGa

people like katy and taylor obviously do better on charts because the play the 'game' of the music industry

gaga is better than that 

tumblr_lx256xKtfo1qeto8r.gif

Solitaire

Aww damn, I was trying to find a picture where Gaga looked good while Katy not so much :emma:

Some of the other results were so cringe-worthy

I actually really like that wig (the outfit not so much.. :wtf:) but in the face Gaga looks extremely good :flutter:

Pretty sure I remember a lot of my straight guy friends saying she looked really hot  that night.

- Previously Sycothisis

Arizona Sky

Realistically, Katy. But I think LG5 will be an improvement from ARTPOP's commercial performance. 

Let's just say, hopefully.

thought I was born in a league of my own | but I'm sinking

ARTPOPNick

It's not like ARTPOP was much of a hit here either lbr. In most European countries Applause dropped like a rock, while in the US it had really good longevity.

I do agree that in general Gaga's (and Rihanna's) popularity is on the same level in the US and Europe tho, while for artists like Taylor/Beyoncé/Katy there's a bigger difference.

they played more ARTPOP than 1989 here... 

Archived