💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Albums That You Love But Hate The Cover Art?

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustPokeHerFace

Born This Way, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, LAP, Thriller (I know it's iconic and all but it just doesn't appeal to me)

AlexanderLevi2

I don't give a shît what the symbolism behind the stupid half motorcycle/half woman thing is, it's still just bad. It's ugly and poorly photoshopped. The font is also an abomination. Absolutely tragic.

51WcQlD5tDL._SY300_.jpg

Her eyes really creep me out in this pic. It doesn't even look like her

Music_Madonna.png

Born This Way is supposed to look bad and DIY. What an abomination that Gaga didn't contact you first for her album. ? I love it and even if I didn't, I would have the knowledge to understand why it looks the way it does.

You should never use "hate" with art. ?

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2

Britney_Spears_-_Femme_Fatale.png

Literally love this album but I hate the album cover.

I LOVE the aesthetic but I wish she was looking to the side or up. It would still be powerful but more inviting. Her gaze screams "trying too hard to be a model"

JesseBabe

I LOVE the aesthetic but I wish she was looking to the side or up. It would still be powerful but more inviting. Her gaze screams "trying too hard to be a model"

Totally agree! She looked gorg, but I just couldn't with her gaze. This doesn't scream "seductive" in my opinion. I feel like there were better shots from the FF photoshoot to choose from. :miley:

Bette Davis

Born This Way is supposed to look bad and DIY. What an abomination that Gaga didn't contact you first for her album. ? I love it and even if I didn't, I would have the knowledge to understand why it looks the way it does.

You should never use "hate" with art. ?

Thanks, but I'm well aware of the meaning behind it, but I still think it's ugly and poorly done. Art is, and has always been open for critique, negative or positive. Call that hate if you want though. I was stating my opinion, as the OP invited and whether or not you like it or agree with me is your problem :love:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

AlexanderLevi2

Thanks, but I'm well aware of the meaning behind it, but I still think it's ugly and poorly done. Art is, and has always been open for critique, negative or positive. Call that hate if you want though. I was stating my opinion, as the OP invited and whether or not you like it or agree with me is your problem :love:

you must have taken an art history course in college, didn't you?

PrinceGaga

I LOVE the ARTPOP cover. I think it's amazing. I mean, Jeff Koons designed it guys... He's an amazing artist. When I first saw it I was floored. I thought it was so cool and represented the album perfectly. 

I own the Born This Way Special Edition with just her face which I love. Not a fan of the Motorcycle one but I'm happy with mine.

I'd go with 1989. LOVE the album but the cover is kinda tragiqué. I like the polaroid idea but the photo is a bit :awkney:  Her handwriting is cute though. I don't hate it though. it just doesn't measure up to how much I like the album.

StrawberryBlond

Seriously, no one's mentioned this?!

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

What a pity that one of her best ever albums, considered by some to be THE best had this cover art to represent it. There were a lot nicer photos from this shoot that were in the album's booklet. But no, this was the one that was deemed good enough to put on the front? I get that the album was meant to be viewed as a hot mess but in that case, it should have gone even more out there and controversial. This just looks badly done, like nobody tried.

Seriously, no one's mentioned this?!

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

What a pity that one of her best ever albums, considered by some to be THE best had this cover art to represent it. There were a lot nicer photos from this shoot that were in the album's booklet. But no, this was the one that was deemed good enough to put on the front? I get that the album was meant to be viewed as a hot mess but in that case, it should have gone even more out there and controversial. This just looks badly done, like nobody tried.

I know what you mean. Black really isn't her color.

The digital version of ARTPOP cover, the physical one looks great

Britney, Britney Jean, Femme Fatale by Britney

Archived