Jenniferella

Her relevancy has spiked because of the "Miley, what's good?" meme 

propertyofjolie3.gif

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warholian

EDIT:Lady Gaga has been famous since LATE 2008.Miley has been around since 2006...The comparison is just not faiir

Well we're not talking about a specific time. We're comparing their careers. So yes, You'd include the entire time of their careers to evaluate who's had more attention. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Fiona Apple

Well we're not talking about a specific time. We're comparing their careers. So yes, You'd include the entire time of their careers to evaluate who's had more attention. 

Well then the whole idea of this comparison is dumb..It's the same thing as comparing Gaga's total attention to Madonna's..Obviously with Miley the time difference is not that big.But it's the same logic

Runway

Many of her shows on the Bangerz Tour were sold out or close to sold out, just like Gaga's past two tours. And they tour in the same arenas.

Now her past tours pre-controversy did amazing. Her Wonder World Tour was completely sold out and was an arena tour, and same for the Best of Both Worlds Tour (even though that was 1/2 Hannah, people still knew they were buying a ticket for Miley Cyrus.)

Her album sales are up to par with everyone else in the industry, so that's a weak statement.

Learn your facts before you try to drag an artist.

Artrave obliterated The Bangerz Tour lel though. gaga at her worst > miley's peak :pray: 

I said they weren't impressive not that they flopped kii. Average album sales for enormous online popularity

Warholian

Well then the whole idea of this comparison is dumb..It's the same thing as comparing Gaga's total attention to Madonna's..Obviously with Miley the time difference is not that big.But it's the same logic

Yes, that would be fair. Are you really going to say Lady Gaga is more famous than Madonna because Lady Gaga is more recently relevant. Their entire career counts. That's like saying Taylor Swift is more famous or has had more success with attention than Gaga because she's currently more relevant than her. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Fiona Apple

Yes, that would be fair. Are you really going to say Lady Gaga is more famous than Madonna because Lady Gaga is more recently relevant. Their entire career counts. That's like saying Taylor Swift is more famous or has had more success with attention than Gaga because she's currently more relevant than her. 

Taylor is a more successful artist than Gaga though :proud: Gaga have had a way bigger impact (not sure if Tay had any) but in album sales and now also singles and tour ,Taylor is more successful.. She will probably have less longevity than Gaga and will sell less in the long run but so far Taylor is more successful.. Gaga getting more attention has more to do with her being controversal..

Warholian

Taylor is a more successful artist than Gaga though :proud: Gaga have had a way bigger impact (not sure if Tay had any) but in album sales and now also singles and tour ,Taylor is more successful.. She will probably have less longevity than Gaga and will sell less in the long run but so far Taylor is more successful..

That has nothing to do with what I just said, but okay then.

Jonna Lee

omgg not gaga being the lowest of them all hgfjlsg bye

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Fiona Apple

That has nothing to do with what I just said, but okay then.

Yeah I understood that later :sharon: But anyway but initial point is that attention has nothing to do with relevancy or success in music.

Fiona Apple

omgg not gaga being the lowest of them all hgfjlsg bye

Are you blind or something? Gaga is higher than Nicki and Katy.. Miley and Beyonce are a bit higher and that is only happening because they were famous a lot before her.

Oops you were probably talking about her present..She is not promoting anything atm so she is low..That's kinda normal I guess

Jonna Lee

Are you blind or something? Gaga is higher than Nicki and Katy.. Miley and Beyonce are a bit higher and that is only happening because they were famous a lot before her.

are you blind or something lol bye check the end of 2015. eeek.

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

sipthistea

Well, she's been in the news lately.

I feel weird about her, but I have to say that I liked her last album. It's really GOOD.

No shade, but 1sun sounds like MJH 

Fiona Apple

are you blind or something lol bye check the end of 2015. eeek.

Check my edit sis.. You didn't make it clear that you were talking about the present though..

elijahfan

Why am I always seeing those same old haters commenting on every Miley thread? What's with the obsession? I personally don't like Demi Lovato, and you don't see me ranting in all of the threads about her.

Anyone is entitled to their opinions, of course. But what I mostly see since last Sunday is people being just mean, and basically doing what others were doing to Gaga 2 years ago. I would forgive this on any other forum or place on the internet, but this is GGD, which is basically the very core of Lady Gaga's fanbase, and I just can't help but feeling really sad when I see the way some of you are behaving towards other artists.

Archived