Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Miley Cyrus becomes the most relevant she has ever been

Warholian

Featured Posts

Warholian

w4KeVfm.png

Can we just talk about this?

I seriously didn't expect Miley to ever surpass the global interest she had after performing at the 2013 VMAs but somehow she has accomplished this insane feat. Miley has reached her all time high in internet interest, making now her most relevant time of her career. The spike in 2013 was massive in itself, surpassing pretty much every celebrity moment (other than deaths) since Britney's meltdown, but somehow Miley has pulled off what you see above. Going by interest over time, thanks to the recent spike, Miley Cyrus has now had more global interest in her career than Gaga has. 

Compared with others: 

LhmEPJe.png

Anyways, discuss, because I personally find it incredible that she pulled it off.

Edit: Let it be known I'm not actually praising Miley for what she's done to achieve this. It's just we haven't seen this amount of attention since Britney 2007.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

Attention and relevancy are 2 insanely different things..Imo after so much controversy she will get destroyed.

EDIT:Lady Gaga has been famous since LATE 2008.Miley has been around since 2006...The comparison is just not faiir

Economy

is this cause of her free album?

i always said it was a publicity stunt especially since she never sold many anyway, shed win more than shed loose doing this :shrug:

RainingOnMe

I love ha. She really knows how to garner interest. I also loved her interview where she said she doesn't need money because she has a dog and a family to care for rather than money. 

RabbitHeart

This isn't a good sign. Her relevancy has spiked because of the "Miley, what's good?" meme and general criticism of her hosting gig at the VMAs with a little bit of attention from her album mixed in. This whole incident is putting her in a very disliked position and if she's getting this much attention for it, it's gonna be really hard to gain back likability...

Hosting the VMAs and releasing a free album the same night will do that for you.

In a month or so she'll be as dead as ha petz.

gagaisitalian

Yet she isn't critically acclaimed, can't pull a massive tour or impressive album sales :pray: 

Many of her shows on the Bangerz Tour were sold out or close to sold out, just like Gaga's past two tours. And they tour in the same arenas.

Now her past tours pre-controversy did amazing. Her Wonder World Tour was completely sold out and was an arena tour, and same for the Best of Both Worlds Tour (even though that was 1/2 Hannah, people still knew they were buying a ticket for Miley Cyrus.)

Her album sales are up to par with everyone else in the industry, so that's a weak statement.

Learn your facts before you try to drag an artist.

Archived