Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Phil Tan working on LG5?

Bad Monster Kid

Featured Posts

yASSsss

I really feel she's going to use the funk side of Moroder on this album ! :) 

i soo want her to release a pop funk album :giveup: 

An album like Random Access Memories would be perfect :pray: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Voltaire

Could anyone please link me to a song typical of funk genre? :saladga:

Funk ran right into Disco with many artists, so you'll see a lot of overlap with this music. Think Soul Train episodes and all that funky dancing. Its a dancy-ness with attitude and soul.

and a modern electro-funk duo:

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Angel Down

Funk ran right into Disco with many artists, so you'll see a lot of overlap with this music. Think Soul Train episodes and all that funky dancing. Its a dancy-ness with attitude and soul.

and a modern electro-funk duo:

JESUS CHRIST THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SPENDING TIME FOR ALL OF THIS

Voltaire

JESUS CHRIST THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SPENDING TIME FOR ALL OF THIS

You're welcome. Its a bit like asking for Pop examples in that Funk has been infused into so many different styles and has gone into many different corners musically. Hard funk, disco funk, funk rock, the list is really endless. Hopefully between these songs you can pick out the Funk part by noticing the commonalities. If you've listened to Prince, you've heard a LOT of funk. He doesn't let his music on youtube though. Another group that has a great disco style of funk is Earth Wind and Fire. I'd encourage you to listen to their 3 most listened to songs on YT. Very fun funk!

Also, Happy September!

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Battle 4 Ur Life

YAS this sounds awesome! Great News if it's true! :party: 

It's completely ON rn.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

giskardsb

I've always defined Disco as Funk without soul.

speaking of Soul Train and Funk.

this be the real ****.

Original funk rock.

Jesse Pinkman

You're welcome. Its a bit like asking for Pop examples in that Funk has been infused into so many different styles and has gone into many different corners musically. Hard funk, disco funk, funk rock, the list is really endless. Hopefully between these songs you can pick out the Funk part by noticing the commonalities. If you've listened to Prince, you've heard a LOT of funk. He doesn't let his music on youtube though. Another group that has a great disco style of funk is Earth Wind and Fire. I'd encourage you to listen to their 3 most listened to songs on YT. Very fun funk!

Also, Happy September!

September is one of the best songs ever!!! I would DIE if Gaga made a song even remotely close to this masterpiece. :giveup: 

It's science, bitch

Archived