Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey - "Honeymoon" album discussion

Desperado

Which song from Honeymoon are you most excited about?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Which song from Honeymoon are you most excited about?

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

My faves in order, as if anyone cares:

1. Freak

2. The Blackest Day

3. Salvatore

4. Art Deco

5. Terrence Loves You

6. God Knows I Tried

7. High By The Beach

8. Music To Watch Boys To

9. Honeymoon

10. Religion

11. Swan Song

12. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

13. 24

And I freaking love Burnt Norton, but I won't count that as an actual song.

This album is slaying me way more than I thought it was, and I stan Lana so hard.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

My faves in order, as if anyone cares:

1. Freak

2. The Blackest Day

3. Salvatore

4. Art Deco

5. Terrence Loves You

6. God Knows I Tried

7. High By The Beach

8. Music To Watch Boys To

9. Honeymoon

10. Religion

11. Swan Song

12. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

13. 24

And I freaking love Burnt Norton, but I won't count that as an actual song.

This album is slaying me way more than I thought it was, and I stan Lana so hard.

I care and it's nice to see someone who has the same 3 least favorites as I do. :emma:

gagaisitalian

I care and it's nice to see someone who has the same 3 least favorites as I do. :emma:

I really do like Swan Song, I just have to see how much it grows on me. And Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is only in the bottom because it's a cover, so I don't really appreciate it as much as the others. And 24 is beautiful, but doesn't strike me as anything special.

Freak and The Blackest Day are just so freaking good. Hands down gotta be some of her best songs ever.

Cody Draco

I really do like Swan Song, I just have to see how much it grows on me. And Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is only in the bottom because it's a cover, so I don't really appreciate it as much as the others. And 24 is beautiful, but doesn't strike me as anything special.

Freak and The Blackest Day are just so freaking good. Hands down gotta be some of her best songs ever.

I really like the "white tennis shoes/follow me" parts of Swan Song, but the rest doesn't grab me.

I have a hard time staying focused on those 3 songs. They kind of just pass by in a blur for me.

I think my expectations for DLMBM were too high. I love Nina's version and Lana has produced some amazing covers in the past (Goodbye Kiss and Chelsea Hotel No. 2). I mean it's still cute and I'm happy she got to record one of her favorites, but it personally doesn't move me at all. :ohno:

Cody Draco

I know we're all hyping over Honeymoon, but look what I finally picked up today :green:

2ppkevd.png

Been wanting to display the TPE vinyl in my room forever :giveup:

Omg that looks so beautiful! :giveup:

I own the seperate versions on cd, but maybe I should get this. :flutter:

My record player is missing the band tho so I need to replace that first. :rip:

MonsterJay

Currently listening to the album,
I skipped to freak and art deco and im like :sara:
Definitely giving this album a full spin!

SonOfAphrodite

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/3CLrsz9s/file.html

Becareful not to get a WP for links

Besides that thank you for this :sara:

So the New Bond film, SPECTRE, will be the 24th Bond film...

"24" sounds like a Bond theme song...

Bond theme songs always somehow relate to the film...

TWENTY FOUR...

What if Lana WAS in the running for the theme, made this track, Sam was chosen over her, and so she just put it on the album?

FFXSoul91

1. Honeymoon: 9/10
Love the powerful strings and the swaying harmonies. The theme of escapism is great. I definitely think it sets the stage well for the album ahead-- A lush opening track for a very lush album.
2. Music to Watch Boys to: 9/10
This song is sensual and creeping. It gives me a sort of stalker vibe. It's seductive and dangerous, much like a siren.
3. Terrence Loves You: 9/10
I feel like Lana is singing to an alien lover here because of the high pitched, space-like noises that appear throughout the track and the sound of the melody, which for some reason reminds me a bit of the main theme of E.T. Overall, the song is an emotional high-point for the album with soaring vocals and a lovely piano-based instrumental.
4. God Knows I Tried: 8/10
This song has a great, classic '60s western blues feel to it. The vocals are very lovely, but I do get tired of the repetition of the song title towards the end of the song.
5. High by the Beach: 10/10
I still really love the sound of this song. There's a degree of sass and venom that is only really found here on the album. The trap sound over the dreamy vocals and funeral procession-esque synths is unique.
6. Freak: 10/10
The s-xiest song on the record. The guitars during the chorus are excellent and the overall production is just fabulous.
7. Art Deco: 9/10
This song has the best blend of trap and jazz on the album. The instrumental is absolutely beautiful and interesting. Of all the songs on the album, I feel like this one calls back to Born to Die the most.
8. Burnt Norton (Interlude): 8/10
The dream-like sounds and Lana's beautiful speaking voice reciting T.S. Eliot's poem make for an excellent interlude.
9. Religion: 10/10
The beat of this song is great and the lyrics are beautiful. I feel like Lana is singing about her relationship with music here. This is by far my most unexpected favorite.
10. Salvatore: 10/10
I love the Italian sound of the instrumental and Lana's heavenly vocals as they swirl over the melody. The lyrics are a bit strange, but it just makes the song seem more mysterious. Someone on LanaBoards (I don't recall who) said it sounds a bit like Lolita's older, more sophisticated sister and I think that description is perfect.
11. The Blackest Day: 10/10
This song has a lot going on and it utilizes it all well. The tale of heartbreak proceeds with a tone of hopelessness and then shifts gears with a more assertive sound once you reach the "deeper and deeper..." section of the song. It reminds me a bit of Summertime Sadness with a more edgy, rocky vibe.
12. 24: 9/10
A very jazzy, Bond theme sounding song. I love the melody of the chorus and how it progresses in intensity towards the end of the song.
13. Swan Song: 9/10
Here the album returns to the theme of escapism that was brought about in the opening track. I love the sample of High by the Beach at the beginning. The orchestra is also great here.
14. Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood: 8/10
This is definitely the weakest track on the album, but it works well as a closing track and sounds almost like a plea from Lana to whoever is listening. The synths and the subtle production are very nice.

Overall: 9/10

BLACKOUTbritney

When are we getting the Honeymoon and Music To Watch Boys To videos?

I feel like Honeymoon will be ha DWUW tbh. :emma:

Pretty When You Cry is her dwuw tbh

Archived