💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does Freak Show Get So Much Hate?

BABBLYON

Featured Posts

Sizzily

That pacing tho...

I really liked it. I'm always a slut for AHS. 

I think I read before that they cut out the musical numbers after episode 4 (5?) and, like in the Edward Mordrake, there was story happening during the songs. I think that had a big impact, especially on Ethel's story I think, so that's why the season felt so rushed.

One Banned Boi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think circus/freak show themes are tacky so the whole season wasn't enjoyable to me because of it. You could see Evan Peters' ass twice, so that helped.

evgenigerm2

For me it was really interesting to watch and it's my #2 favorite season after Coven. It was great, it was Hollywood, it was glamour and Elsa was everything, I find myself really close to her character. Beautiful performances, amazing guest appearances and this freaky clown. MASTERPIECE! :legend:

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

freebit

It seems like a lot of the complaints were about there not being enough of a horror element to the season, so that & the way the writers handled the "big bad" of the season Twisty made for an underwhelming experience. Plus personally I thought the musical numbers were cringeworthy and totally took me out of the story. Modern music with period pieces only work with highly stylized ~auteur~ type films or comedies IMO.

Giorno Giovanna

I really enjoyed it too :party: I'd say that the pacing was a problem, I personally didn't mind the pacing as I was watching multiple episodes a day because I was watching it way after it'd aired, but I imagine if I'd been watching 1 episode per week as it aired then I would've been very frustrated and wouldn't have liked it as much :sweat: 

i agree, the same with me cause i watched it in 1week rather than 10-12 weeks

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

monketsharona

I reallly like it too. Not my favorite one but still a good season ! :yes:

+ Sarah Paulson's cover of 'Criminal' and Jessica Lange's cover of 'God and Monsters' are giving me life :gaga:

Swan Heart

It's probably my favourite season of all.. It WAS quite messy and it felt unfinished and weird but that's why I loved it in first place.

Oh and both my favorite characters, Elsa and Dandy, are from this one too..

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

It was just bad. There was a lot of potential, and some glimmers of hope, but the wheels really fell off by the halfway point. Characters just seemed to be on random activity generator mode. With every hit there were two misses. No central drama or action driving the season. The "resolution" to the story was so obviously thrown together at the last minute. 

Shadow

It wasn't really horror like its predessors. The plot line was full of holes, the only character I was interested in was Twisty and when they killed him off, I stopped watching altogether. Asylum was the best.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Ambrosia

From watching all the AHS anthologies so far, I have learned (from Coven :saladga:) that they are more concerned with creating interesting characters than doing something with them.  I thought that FS had some great characters but all they did was hang out in a decrepit and depressing tent.  The most interesting characters for me, were Twisty and Edward Mordrake, neither of which was utilized to their full potential.  

From the start, I was skeptical of the freak show element and exploiting people so it didn't take much to turn my stomach.  

I hope when I look back I can put Hotel up there with my favorites - Murder House and Asylum.  :stalkga:

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

AgusPop

I'm watching the episode 6 from freakshow and surprisingly I love it so far.  I had heard a lot of criticism but for me it is much better than Coven.

I love Dandy Mott character and his mother

67be5170-3c3a-0132-0a5c-0eae5eefacd9.gif

tumblr_nejwcsskq91sk4cyjo3_500.gif

:legend:

Am I A Girl

When twisty died. I lost interest, he made it better and more suspenseful/intense.

i don't like this season that much because of twisty dying. And also, it wasn't scary at all imo.

i want a SCARY season, if hotel isn't what my hopes are saying then I'm gonna be so upset. I imagine hotel being scary, it better me. The name just sounds freaky haha

it was ok, some of it was really interesting, other parts not so much, its better than coven anyway. the ending was cute for elsa mars.

gagzus

It became boring after Ryan listened to much to the public and changed up the story after the first few episodes, he could've had Twisty the whole series and made an amazing backstory and horror suspense scenes but it ended up a miss after about 5-6 episodes

Archived