💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Miley Cyrus On Nicki Minaj's VMAs Critique: "You Made It About You"

Phoenix

Featured Posts

Phoenix

In a recent New York Times interview, Miley Cyrus discussed her plans for this Sunday’s VMA’s. The conversation eventually turned to Nicki Minaj’s Tweets from last month, in which she suggested that the awards show snubbed her “Anaconda” video. (Representatives for Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus did not immediately return requests for comment.)

Initially, Cyrus sidestepped the issue, saying only, “I didn’t really get into it.” But when pressed, she changed her tune. “People forget that the choices that they make and how they treat people in life affect you in a really big way,” she suggested. “If you do things with an open heart and you come at things with love, you would be heard and I would respect your statement. But I don’t respect your statement because of the anger that came with it.”

Cyrus believes that Minaj sacrificed a chance to make a point with wider resonance in favor of pushing a personal agenda. “You made it about you,” Cyrus noted. “Not to sound like a b---h, but that’s like, ‘Eh, I didn’t get my V.M.A.’… If you want to make it about race, there’s a way… Say: ‘This is the reason why I think it’s important to be nominated. There’s girls everywhere with this body type.’”

http://www.thefader.com/2015/08/27/miley-cyrus-on-nicki-minaj-vmas-critique

💎

Warholian

Or maybe it was just a bad video? 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Alien Tulip

Miley is right but Nicki is arrogant and stubborn so when she hears about this she's going to go on another mental twitter meltdown and embarrass herself like she always does. Hope she takes that drama to the VMAs to make the ceremony more interesting. 

Haroon

I kinda agree, the way Nicki came about the issue wasn't the best :sweat: Then again that can be put down to anger and frustration especially because it was quite a sensitive issue :omg: 

Phoenix

Why is the bold option barely working :flop:  like it's not even visible, at least for me.

💎

The Child

I've been agreeing a lot lately with Miley, I'm surprising myself.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Hellspont

or maybe the VMA's isn't completely devoid of taste and realized it was a terrible song and video

gagzus

it was a boring video following a trend that had been around since 2012 and Onika was simply whining about herself not being nominated, it was only when Taylor spoke out did she, her fans and black twitter/tumblr make it about race all because the white girl clockedT her phoney ass attitude. She even backed down and re-tracked what she said when she clearly was on about TayTay

Iwontell

True...not to mention that it only became about race and body type midway through her rant, which to me felt like "Oops, I messed up, let me pull these cards that nobody will dare atack from the bottom of the deck...".

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Jesse Pinkman

I'm not the biggest Nicki fan, I actually really can't stand her most of the time... But I agree with her on this issue. That dry ass Bad Blood video was nominated, but Anaconda didn't? I didn't even like the video but aren't the VMAs supposed to be about cultural signifigance? She deserved a nomination hands down. Now, I agree with a lot of points Nicki made but when she appeared on GMA and started retweeting shade and being petty that's when she lost me. And Taylor had no right butting in because it didn't even concern her in the first place. Nicki never said her name.

It's science, bitch

Archived