💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'1989' Hits 8 MILLION Sold!

Pop

Featured Posts

boiswifty

Ha power.

But seriously, album sales have declined over the years and to sell 8m in under a year is incredible. 

You're cute :sis:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll hide my faves. Wait. Gags, Taylor and Adele are my faves. :duck: 

Congratulations! :applause: I'm not surprised. 

LoveandMagic

I know album sales are way down so that 8 million is a really good number, but is that all? With it's constant high position on album sales chart, shouldn't it be something like 20 million or something? The way the media and her singles have been going, not to mention sold out shows, I just expected a much larger number. She's Pop's IT girl and has had a stream of successful eras prior. Is the industry really that bad that a large artist like this "only" sells 8 million copies?

Anyway, amazing year for Taylor. I won't lie, I'm not a fan of the album, but she has really put together a very fun, flawless, enjoyable era. People really love the music and shows. So massive kudos to you Taylor. :applause:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Whispering

I know album sales are way down so that 8 million is a really good number, but is that all? With it's constant high position on album sales chart, shouldn't it be something like 20 million or something? The way the media and her singles have been going, not to mention sold out shows, I just expected a much larger number. She's Pop's IT girl and has had a stream of successful eras prior. Is the industry really that bad that a large artist like this "only" sells 8 million copies?

Anyway, amazing year for Taylor. I won't lie, I'm not a fan of the album, but she has really put together a very fun, flawless, enjoyable era. People really love the music and shows. So massive kudos to you Taylor. :applause:

Is that all? Lol 

There have only been five albums since 2010 to go over eight million worldwide, and 1989 is one of them. It is still selling around 200,000 WW every month and still has singles and videos being released...so it is going to continue to sell. 

20 million? Only TWO albums released since the digital era started back in 2004 have managed to get to 20 million. One back in 2006 (and the artist had to die young to reach this number) and of course, 21. That's only TWO albums in the last fifteen years! 

Yes, the music industry is really that bad, that only five albums in the past five years have made it past 8 million copies sold worldwide. 

• Haroon locked this topic
Haroon

Locking this because the source is a random Twitter account, like it's not verified and doesn't seem very reputable - I mean especially with the description thing, "*Do not hate me just because your fave is flopping*" :deadbanana: 

(Oh and congratulations to Taylor on her success regardless of the 8M mark :woohoo: )

Archived