💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been?

DiscoHeaven23

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Avril Lavigne should be considered a has been or a legend/icon

• She's a has been. Her career wasn't big enough to be considered a legend or icon.
    • I would considered her a legend/icon, except her marriage to Chad Kroeger really taints her image.
    • Are you kidding me? Avril has had such a profound affect on music and culture through the years. SHE'S A LEGEND
    • I really wouldn't consider her a has been or a legend. She doesn't fit in either category. She in between
    • If we can forget the last album or two from her, then yes, she's a legend.

Featured Posts

ChasingGhosts

Thats not true. I am australian and I know What The Hell played at least once on the radio... 

What The Hell is on Goodbye Lullaby and I said "since" then. :awkney: 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

What The Hell is on Goodbye Lullaby and I said "since" then. :awkney: 

You can clearly tell I don't follow her "career"

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

LoveandMagic

Well, when she came out she was rebelling against the current crop of pop girls in both sound and image. It seemed to work, she had a lot of hits and I think many female singers afterwards developed a more stripped back style. I think a lot of people were getting really tired of all the sparkly bubble gum blonde girls that kept popping up (not that their was anything particularly bad about them, but they were being mass promoted and all looked/sounded "the same"). I do remember though that there was some * slight * backlash against her because I think she made some comments about the then current crop of pop  girls in an effort to distance herself. I also know some rock fans that didn't care for her because they thought she was fake, but I think she was pretty generally well liked her first few years. I think just about everyone I knew had her first three albums.

As far as being a legend, I don't really consider her one but she definitely made a bit of an impact when she hit the scene. She was different in just about every way and made a point of that and people clearly responded well to that. Whether people think it's real or contrived, it doesn't really matter to me because I care about the music, and I really enjoyed The Best Damn Thing and Under My Skin.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived